Last nights dinner was brought to me by….

• whiskeyandwater
    ????

WOW! Well I had a VERY GOOD Christmas this year. A New StikeMaster, A new Rod Case, A new Thorn Bros. Power noodle with a Tica reel seated on it, and I FINALLY got to hit the ice to test it all.

Went out to “little maple” other wise knows as EAST Maple, in Wright county yesterday. Talk about work. I brought home 5 sunnies that were 8″ or just a hair over, I didn’t say it was a big dinner, But I caught well over 40 fish to find those 5. NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!!!! Just not my kind of place. THESE fish had to be worked and they had tp be worked HARD! I got out with My New Auger and Put last years Christmas gift Lowance H2O to work. With the GPS, and My 1st Auger that wasn’t well ME I made quick work of finding spots away from the crowd that I thought would hold some fish. 35 holes later. ( I got carried away a bit with the new Auger, I was just excited to not be doing it by hand) I was set to put to use from last year another gift My Marcum VX-1. THANK YOU MARCUM. I’m not turning this into a Brand X vs Brand Z post. All I have to say Is I don’t know what I would do with out Bottom Zoom. ALL of the fish were hugging the bottom. So much so that it was a solid red return, well until you turned on the bottom Zoom, Then you would see that little separation and knew you had something down there. Thank you Marcum.

Alright fish are located it was time to test the new power noodle. This trip I was making my St. Croix Legend play back up. Something I have never done before. But just by playing with the Power noodle before I packed her up in my new case, I had a feeling this was my new go to rod. I WAS NOT WRONG! The lightest bites from 6″ sunnies were not only seen on the tip, it was felt all the way through to the handle. It’s going to be hard to miss a fish on this thing. only problem is I now want 3 more! The power noodle has a soft tip to let you know you have the bite, but the back bone to land a Monster. I iced a 3lb bass on it yesterday.

So thank you StrikeMaster, Marcum, and Throne Bros., and Stone Legacy. (Stone legacy Makes a GREAT case for those that are looking. protects your rods and reels, with PLENTY of storage for other gear.) YOU MADE MY Favorite hobby THAT MUCH BETTER!

Alright off I go to plan tonight’s trip. Tight lines all!

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Sorry for Not having pictures I was so excited to hit the ice I left the camera at home sitting on the table!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Great read, congrats on some awesome new toys

I’m sure they were a tasty treat

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Dork

when are we hitting owasso?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just went through my emails…didn’t see an invite to dinner last night…I’ll have to check again.

Sounds like you had a yummie time!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Congrats on the new toys, sounds like you’re pretty well set up……..keep us posted

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

Dork

when are we hitting owasso?

Who let you in here?? Let me know I have vacation time to use, and my gear is packed and ready to go.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

Just went through my emails…didn’t see an invite to dinner last night…I’ll have to check again.

hhmmm Not sure why you didn’t get it BK. I sent it to [email protected]

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Quote:

hhmmm Not sure why you didn’t get it BK. I sent it to [email protected]

He’s wearing that thing on his noise now

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Come on now! Personal attacks on my nose warmer are fine, but leave our little whiskered friends out of this!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

probably a weekend or week night. I picked up the cheap Menard’s fish house have set it up in the garage and seems to be good and flat not all the issues I see others having. I Rhino lined the inside except a couple spots so it will breath.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Well lets figure out a time and set it up on the Ice where it belongs.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

but it is in my heated garage. which I am short the heater.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Lets be honest you are short more than just the heater!
    Good news is I have a heater and 11 lb tank hooked up to it.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

hey just because I always drink 6 cans of the 12 pack don’t hold that against me.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Just bring the reaming 6 cans with your shack, and we are good to go.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Ryan, just keep one eye on your gloves at all times.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

hey, hey, hey mouse boy, back in your HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they were warm. and I already have a set of his from duck hunting still. what can I say your gloves were better then mine.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.