Strikemaster Service on Strike Lite 4 stroke

• lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I discovered oil dripping down from the engine within seconds of starting the engine for the first time this Fall. After shutting it off I discovered the return oil line from the tappet cover had split apart and was totally deteriorated. A little cleanup of the oil spill and a quick call to Strikemaster was all it took to have parts in the mail. I’d give them an A+ for being prompt and helpful. The one thing they wanted me to be aware of was engine oil level. They mentioned the early units had books specifying too high an oil level. The proper level should be just touching the bottom of the dipstick when the dipstick is set back into the hole but NOT screwed in. Just thought I’d share that bit of info in case others have early units with the wrong info.

stevenoak

Thanks, I think thre’s too much oil in mine

hanson

We had a first year model Strike Lite that had the oil leakage problem. During summer storage, good amount of oil leaked into the combustion chamber and hydrolocked the motor up. I managed to swab most of it out with a Q-tip, drained the rest out, refilled the oil, and got it running again. Brought it into Strikemaster after that and they replaced some seals. We had also broke the plastic flighting on the auger after getting it stuck deep in the slushy ice once. Strikemaster took care of it all, they are good people to work with for sure!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I also got mine stuck in the ice after the auger broke on thick slushy ice, they fixed it and the broke handle for free and told me that when its reel cold out prime it hard7 times, flip choke to start and pull while giving it just a touch of gas and when it fires over turn off the choke and do the same. Mine has been firing great in the cold we had last week

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.