Wanted: Heco/Bluff Country Coverings ice shack

• yeahmon
    Winona, MN

I am looking for an ice fishing shack called a Heco or Bluff Country Coverings. A company in Harmony, Minnesota used to make them but no longer do. This shack is quite portable and you can carry it on your back. Here is a picture of what it looks like. If anyone wants to sell one or knows someone who would, I would be very interested in buying one. Thanks.

[email protected]

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I think you might have a hard time getting someone who has one of these to give them up. A friend of mine and his dad both have one. They would step in front of a train before getting rid of theirs, LOL. I do agree they are a very nice shack. Light weight,easy setup, and fair sized for two people. Good luck in your search.

yeahmon
    Winona, MN

Yeah, I kind of figured it would be hard to find someone who would be willing to part with one of these, but maybe I’ll get lucky.

Does anyone know of an ice shack that is lightweight and sets up easily? The best thing about the shack pictured about is that it is lightweight, sets up in seconds, and is all one piece, meaning there aren’t any parts that need to be put together.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Does that shack have a floor in it? I have been thinking about making one without a floor to pack into the BWCA.

yeahmon
    Winona, MN

It has a floor in it, but it is just canvas with a section cut out of it on one side to fish through. The sides fold down and it folds up into small pretty flat backpack that is easily carried on your back with the backpacking straps.

JustFishin
    Wabasha, MN

Have you found the shelter you were looking for? If not I have one I would sell. Reply to <[email protected]>
    Thanks
    Grant

StaleMackrel

The greatest thing since bread! Hope you can get one!

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

Hey, I recognize that ice fishing hot spot!!

yeahmon
    Winona, MN

Yes, I did find a Heco shack this winter and it works great!

I must say that hot spot is my favorite place to go!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Justfishin,

What are you asking for your ice house ? And what shape is it in ?

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

better late then never I guess!

joe hoffman

i have a heco ice shack in very nice condition for sale

joe hoffman

60.00 it is in great shape no rips or holes uprights work as should

Riverruns

Where are you located? There was both a tall and short HECO manufactured, which one you got? Thanks

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.