dresbach report

• NickJohnson

fished the short wall tonite from 3-6 very slow only managed 9 between the 2 of us no keepers but mostly nice healthly walleyes 12-14 inch range with the best weapon being a deadstick with a minnow picked up 3 beer cans and a broken fishing pole typical day on pool 8 i guess but the strangest thing i saw was a nice limit (6) of saugers laying in the parking area on the ice looked like they been there a few days hope this was an accident

earnit

I saw the same thing only with crappies this winter…..same deal, at a popular spot on Pool 8 at the parking area. a nice number of crappie laying on the ground, a few days old.

I thought it was an accident too, but now I’m wondering…….not only How, but Why?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks for the heads up on Dresbach Pat
    I was wondering if any nicer fish have moved in yet.

To bad about the saugers, I think there are some dinks that do these kind of things just to get a rise out of people, wouldn’t mind catching them in the act

As for the trash, same as above……would love to unload on the morons

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Thanks for the report and I have found fish like that in my area also . Strange deal it is .

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

Strangest thing I ever saw was in Iowa we were pheasant hunting years ago and we went under this bridge and here was like a bucket full of blue gills somebody must have dumped them off the bridge. Why?????????????? If you go to the Spillway Dr. be careful not to step in the dog crap.

jld
    Holmen

Has anybody out there tried fishing after dark at the dam? Wondering if it would be worth an evening trip.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Mike C and I have stayed and fished in the dark with the same results.
    Rumor had it Tremp was producing a few nice fish after dark but I haven’t heard anything lately.

NickJohnson

must be something to fiashing after dark thou i havent had any luck but when we are leaving most of the time about 6ish there are people just going out they go up along the short wall and fish under the big light never tried it

buccckkkky

I’ve just started walleye fishing through the ice this year and that’s where me and a buddy go is to the short wall in tremp.. we haven’t got into anything big yet but we’ve seen some guys pull them in

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

Mike C and I have stayed and fished in the dark with the same results.
    Rumor had it Tremp was producing a few nice fish after dark but I haven’t heard anything lately.

That is correct. Not a ton of fish, but 1 or 2 good fish a night is the average. At dark and a little past is what a buddy has been seeing…

Ted

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

Quote:

they go up along the short wall and fish under the big light never tried it

This is where we have been fishing (tremp) your not going to catch fish after fish but what you do catch will be a nice eater fish.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.