LMS 522c for ice fishing

• big_head_basher

I have a LMS 522c in my boat. I was wondering if there was a company out there that sold a conversion kit with the carrying case and transducer so that i could use it for ice fishing? Or if I could get a ice transducer and then I could make my own carrying case.

the_grump
    Le Center

The 522c was sold with an ice package until this year, so I would think a Lowrance dealer should be able to get you what you need.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Save your money. I have the same unit and I really like it in the boat. I spent the $150 on the ice pack and have not had good luck. It burns through a battery in a couple of hours and is very tough to tune out any interference from other peoples electronics. Spend the extra money and get a real flasher designed for what you want to do. My 2 cents .

ryno

There is an ice pack by LEI (lowarnce) comes with battery, charger, soft case, and a trans. Battery life is deffinately and issue. Also you can get interference rejection but it needs to be in graph mode, I do not know why they don’t have it on the flasher side, but they don’t.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

I have a LMS 522c in my boat. I was wondering if there was a company out there that sold a conversion kit with the carrying case and transducer so that i could use it for ice fishing? Or if I could get a ice transducer and then I could make my own carrying case.

Click this link and scroll down the page to Part # 16-46.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I have to agree. Get a flasher. I converted my LMS 520 to an ice pack( $70 for xducer, 25 for power cord and $15 for gimble bracket). I found an older soft sided tackle bag and put a board in the bottom of it and screwed the graph and battery to it. It works good if you don’t have others around you but when you do it’s hard to get the interference to go away. And the thing with the ice is the echo can bounce a lot more so you could be a ways away and still get interference. I don’t ice fish much so to me the interference thing is not that big of a deal but for someone who fishes a lot it could be. I can fine tune mine down to see my jig and any fish that come by but the top of the flasher is always bouncing around and I do see the lines going up and down from other units. I don’t use mine with another gps puck. That would be way too expensive for just the little I go out. But I’ve heard that having the gps puck on or the gps on it pulls more juice??? I would say if you can..get a flasher. You will still spend at least $130 for a home made ice pack…for a little more you could get a dedicated flasher. I’ll be using mine in a little jon boat, too with a xducer mount and that’s why I went the way I did with my 520.

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

I run a LMS-522 on the ice and I really like it.
    It is very usefull along with the lakemaster chip.
    Use the 5 inch GPS screen to get to yout hotspot and then switch to split screen zoom graph mode for fishing.

Adjust your settings to minimize the interference and you are good to go.

The back light has three settings on brightness, set it on the second brightest setting and you will have enough power for eight hours run time on a single charge with the GPS running the whole time.

If you have a local Mills Fleet Farm near you, they carry the PP-16 conversion kits for $160.

I have sold my FL-8, and FL-18.
    All I use now is my LMS-522 and I have a X-102C for backup!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.