Backwater ice conditions

• outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I was wondering how the ice is on the backwater of the Pool 4 areas. The only worry is the springs I know you always have to be careful but I don’t want to drive down there if there is no good ice.

Thanks in advance!
    Aaron

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I haven’t checked out many areas yet but I know they are still launching boats out of the slough here in Bay City and as of a couple days ago they were still launching boats out of Bay Point launch in red Wing.

I plan on checking out the ice conditions better this weekend. I’ll report what I learn.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

They were ice fishing in a few spots between wabasha and nelson last weekend, also alot of open water in areas where their was current. You should be able to find some hard water to stand on.

troy_blackstad
    Hastings MN

I was on pontoon slough on sunday. We had about 4.5″ at best most of our holes were closer to 3.5″. There was about 1.5″ of water next to shore.. Hope this helps.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

They were ice fishing in a few spots between wabasha and nelson last weekend, also alot of open water in areas where their was current. You should be able to find some hard water to stand on.

Thank you exactly the area I was thinking.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I was out today and got around 75 fish but no gills over 8.5 inches. The ice was plenty to walk out on!

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Thank you. thinking of taking my 2 1/2 year old son down to find some action

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Perfect!

There was a large group of shacks and we all seemed to do well. Not all keepers but like one in 10. The larger ones were off the bottom also.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.