metro ice ?

• crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

has anyone seen how the ice is on whitebear , josephine or any of the metro lakes , i was out on beaver lake last night there was only about 2 inches i only went out a few paces .. just wondering

Paul Hanlon
    Roseville, Minnesota

Josephine was half open as of last night with other open areas.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

As of yesterday the south end of Chisago was walkable.

Bob Bowman
    MN

I was out in the boat yesterday, yes open water still
    Had to break a little ice to get out, but it sure was a great day to be out on the lake huckin.

Please be smart and careful

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Ham was still frozen over today.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

how much ice is on chisago ?

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

this past weekend i saw guys ice fishing rush lake. they were in a bay off the city park on the north side of west rush. dont know how thick the ice was there, but on the west end of the lake where my cabin is, i saw a muskrat fall through the ice about 6 feet off of shore. i just hope those guys are as waterproof as he is..

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

Quote:

this past weekend i saw guys ice fishing rush lake. they were in a bay off the city park on the north side of west rush. dont know how thick the ice was there, but on the west end of the lake where my cabin is, i saw a muskrat fall through the ice about 6 feet off of shore. i just hope those guys are as waterproof as he is..

YEAH I SPOKE WITH THE GAL AT RUSH POINT STORE SHE SAID A FEW WERE OUT BUT THEY REPORTED 2″ TOPS AND SHE DIDENT RECOMMEND IT FOR ANOTHER WEEK OR SO

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

I drive by O’dowd everyday on my way to work. There have been guys fishing out there for almost a week now. This evening on my way home there were 2 portables and 10-12 guys standing on the ice.

There were also 2 guys in the wagon bridge bay on Prior Lake.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Was out on a small north metro pond yesterday and we has a good 4-5″ of ice. The Crappies were on a tear for 1/2 an hour then fishing was slow from there on out.

sunny
    isanti mn

Was out on a small lake in cambridge and had 4-5 inches of clear solid ice. The large mouth bass were snappen. Cought them on sucker minnows and tipups. Hope to be out there this weekend larges are fun to fish in the winter my dad best ended up being a 4lb that was cool to watch it under the ice.All and all a good sunday. It was just great to be on the ice again and I also just got a new strike light auger so wanted to tested it out.

eye_hunter

hey you guys think that south center will be a good 5 to 6 inch by this weekend. I wanted to head out there if the ice is good. and are there people fishing there yet. all this ice report is making me itchy to pull out my gear and head out somewhere.

HoytShooter

Saw dudes on Valentine this morning……anyone ever fish that thing?

Ferlin Cobb
    minneapolis, mn

We tested the ice on Valentine on Sunday. There was about 4 inches of decent ice. But we didn’t go out too far either. Its very shallow in most spots. In the past we’ve only caught small pannies.

Also tried some small unnamed lakes/ponds in the n. metro… same ice, about 4 inches.

eye_hunter

its beggining to look real good, I’m thinking that there will be a lot of people out there this weekend. i hope to be one of them.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Bring your ice cleats. It looks pretty slick out there.

jake_p
    St. Louis Park mn

yes deffinetly bring your ice cleats, reall slippery. i was out on buffalow last night n forgot my cleats it sucked. had about fourinches of ice. but it was still a little scetchy. where i was fishin had some funky lookin ice. fishin was slow, caught a couple small wall eyes n a few dinkie crapies. still early. be safe

HoytShooter

Thanks. Should be good ice in the N metro this weekend…..I’ll post what I find.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.