Pool 5/5A?

• WeaverBottom
    SE Minnesota

Anyone catching anything out there? Been having a tough time getting on top of fish. The wife is pregnant and craving fish. Can anyone help me out? PLEASE!!!!

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

I spent a few hours at West Newton on Sunday and couldn’t get a bite. Then packed up and moved over to the dike road between Wabasha and Nelson. We could see plenty of fish with the Aquaview but couldn’t get them to bite. The few times they nibbled on my waxie I gave it a tug and the fish swam off with just part of the waxie in his mouth. It is fun to watch the fish even when your not catching. Some say that is frustrating but I think it is better than sitting there with a bobber not knowing what is going on down there! We also had tip-ups set up with sucker minnows…..nothing there either. Time of day was 1:00 – 6:00.

Oh yea, someone before us left three unopened cans of Bud on the ice…..to bad I don’t drink beer…..we removed them and poured them down the drain at home.

Also, if you can recommend a spot for me to try by Weaver please shoot me a PM. You don’t have to worry about me draining a honey hole…..it is a long drive over from my place and I only make it once during ice season and maybe twice during open water…..don’t have a boat so it is shore fishing for me and my son. Good luck to you and I hope you find some biters!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.