what are we doing wrong?

• aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

Jonathan and i where out all weekend. and only got maybe 9 keeps all weekend!?!?! i dont understand we’ve tried everything i can think of. any one have some info that could helps us. this weekend was SLOW!
    -Aaron

shaley
    Milford IA

We didn’t ice alot of keepers but we iced alot of fish. Best were a 3/4# gill and wife lost a 13″+ perch at the hole. Couple in the 10-11″ range but released them all. All in All a good weekend.

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

at least you cought more. we maybe got 20 fish all weekend and some where so small your jig was bigger

JonathanTegeler
    Manchester, Iowa

it was one slow weekend thats for sure.. we tried all over the place and got nothing! i hope the rest of the year goes better than this wekend

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Tough conditions this weekend for sure…caught a lot of nice fish all weekend…but DEFINITELY not, the best first ice I have experienced.

I think the weather was/is the culprit…I watched a ton of fish all weekend on the camera tucked in tight to structure, never venturing out to feed..

You gotta keep moving around until you find active fish!!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Stay mobile, switch baits, change colors, Try waxies, spikes, redworms, plastics….And if you still aren’t getting results…LEAVE! check out a different lake, pond, or river. When I find tough bites, I always tend to do better in deeper water as well, and with a much smaller presentation. good luck

shaley
    Milford IA

We set up at around 8ish this morning and never moved till dark. Steady stream of fish all day but the bite was much more agressive after about 2. Rough guess we iced 50 fish at least today several gills in the 8″ range but hate cleaning them so let them go. 2 10″+ perch iced also released and the Jumbo the wife lost rest were in the 6-9″ range.

All but maybe 5-6 fish came on waxies and ratso’s in purple and what I call a clear pinkish color. Rest came on Go Devils and minnows.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.