Help me convince Andy!!

• lookin4fish

I am trying to explain to Andy Loos, one of the field staff at IDA, how great ice fishing is up at Lake of the Woods. He has never done the “great expance of water” type of ice fishing, and i am trying to get him to do it at the end of december. I have yammered enough to him, so maybe some insite from others who have been up there can help convince him. I just think Lake of the Woods is a whole different ball game that everyone needs to expierence at least one! I am sure andy will be reading this, so direct your comments towards him.

Thanks

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Like I always say:

You will catch more fish on a slow day on Lake of the Woods than good days on most other lakes.

If you have a snowmobile, portable, map and GPS, you will catch tons of fish.

This is a typical days catch for our group. We go the first week in March every year.

You have a good chance hooking into a nice gater too.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Yep, I like to refer to it as the promise land. And it close to Upper Red Lake

adloos
    Winona, MN

That nine hour drive will suck driving up my shack!! But ok ok, i will plan on going.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Leave the shack at home. Get a couple guys in a car and rent a house up there. It might save you some money.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You’re lucky you posted Andy…

I was just about ready to get started!

Actually, you shouldn’t go…that nine hour drive will turn into 48 hours…one way each year!

If you don’t stay at Wigwam Resort, at least stop in for dinner one night. Say HI! to Cat! Tell her you’ve never experiance a YB before and you’ll be good to go!

“Everyone needs to experiance Wigwam Resort at least once.”~ Cathy Fish
    Mgr
    Wigwam Resort

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

couldn’t agree more with BIGFIFE!!

Get in a honda with your gear and go this weekend or next week!!!

rent a house you will spend have as much on gas as you would to rent a house, plus theres no work envolved! except pounding walleyes, sauger, monster pout and pike all day!!
    Call Cat Get a mid week special!

You’ll be doing this every year from here out promise!!

oh yeah someone said something about stocking up on glo red and gold

BIGNEL07
    Albertville

Could not agree more with everyone. I have been going up there for years. 1st ice is usually asume and at times you cant keep up with two poles. The Wigwam is the place to be. Tom and Cat are very nice. I will be going up there the 9th and 10th. YB are highly recomended.

col._klink
    St Paul

I have a short one for ya.

First time to LOW the bomber driver dropped us off at our house. He was turning on the heater and I was setting a line (Just a little pumped) Put the bomb on a plain hook with a fathead, dropped it to the bottom. Pulled it up and WHAMO

28″ EYE RIGHT OFF THE BAT!!!

WOWEY

lookin4fish

now we have a problem…i started this post for andy’s sake, but it is just making it painful for me! i have to waitt till the end of decemeber, and the stories just make it harder to wait! this cold snap is not making thigs better! cant wait!! thanks for all your help!

adloos
    Winona, MN

I will have to stop by wigwam, Do they have catfish on the grill there!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.