Underwater Camera question

• jphersh22
    SE Iowa

I’m looking at buying an underwater camera and the main question I’m stuck on is which lighting system is the best? Aqua Vu’s newer models have the Spectrum Response lighting which is actually visible light, as opposed to the older Infrared Version which is inveisible. Does anyone have experience with both? I fish mainly in Iowa ponds and water can be a little stained so I wonder if the Spectrum Response light would reflect the particles in the water and make visibility worse? I also wonder if it spooks the fish. It’s an expensive enough purchase that I want to make the right choice.

Ingy

Doesn’t matter-the lights are all pretty much worthless at night.

Ingy

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

I had a aqua view last season and sold it last season as well, i wasnt impressed after spending 700 dollars. fishing on winnibigosh wasnt very good with it couldnt see very far and if you had a darker jig in low light conditions you couldnt see it at all.

id much rather own a flasher

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Doesn’t matter-the lights are all pretty much worthless at night.

Ingy

Exactly, but the one you like forget about lights.

shaley
    Milford IA

I havent used the Spectral lighting on the Aqua Vu but have seen a marcum 3 hours after dark that you could still see your baits. Of course this was on a clear water lake.

My scouts done at dusk.

scottsteil
    Central MN

No matter what camera you get, if the lighting system is part of the camera lens, it will do very little for you. No matter what type of light it is, if it is part of the camera it will just illuminate the suspended particles in front of the camera.

If you look at the MarCum VS 560 or 460 you will see that the lights and camera are separate. The lighting systems on these two cameras work like headlights on a car. They shine a bright beam over the top of what you are viewing so you don’t get all the rection off the suspended particles in the water. Basically it is the difference of using your low beams or high beams on a foggy day.

Now, with all that said, camera lighting systems are not what most people think. First time users have an expectation that night lighting makes everything bright and clear, which they do not.

Most people that have tried the lighting system on the MarCum VS 560 say it is the best on the market

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.