What happened to the crappies around Aitkin?

• jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

This is the worst year for me fishing crappies in Aitkin! In the last couple of years it was nothing to go out and get dozens of them. This year they are nowhere to be found. I’ve
    tried my usuals, Bay, Farm Island, Hickory and Big Pine…NOTHING! Does it have to do with the warmer weather? What are you guys seeing? I just got in from Bay Lake in the “hot spot” from years past and didn’t see a fish. This is my 3rd time trying it there in the last month. I used to be able to catch so many that it spoiled a guy. Didn’t keep them, but had lots of action.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

i think it might have something to do with some of the locals keeping limits every day. there was a bust a few weeks ago in the aitkin area that filled a few coolers up. this bust was only one person, there are many more people in that area that fish daily and keep all fish that were caught that day. a word to the wise, don’t put all of your fish guts out on the lake in front of your house for the eagles to eat, the warden in those parts is watching!!!!

shayla

They are all in Mike Pratts freezer Do you know him???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.