Mille Lacs Info

• rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

As I understand it you may use two poles,correct? My question is how many poles can you have in posession(sp)? I was told by a guy that last year he was sited for too many poles in posession on upper red lake??! So any info would be appreiated. Oh yea 4 days and counting!

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

to the best of my knowledge you can have as many poles in your possession as you want. You just can only use 2 at a time.

fish2live
    hampton,mn

you can have as many poles as you want with you but, only 2 poles in the water. i usually have 5-6 poles with at all times. 2 walleye poles, 2 panfish with spring bobbers and two tip ups.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would guess that he had too many lines being possessed that were actually going through the ice. I’ve never heard of such a thing as too many fishing rigs !!! Don’t forget a tip-up ! It’s a great way to fish, and have some other fun doing whatever.

Glen

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Unless you have 2 jigs on one line. Am I right????

big_g
    Isle, MN

2 hooks on one line, would constitute 2 lines. anglers may only use one hook. a lure is considered a hook, whether it has 1, 2 or 3 trebles or single hooks or a combination. a treble hook can only be used on a lure, it by itself is considered 3 hooks, and is illegal..

Glen

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

Thanks guys! Yea I think your right big g..I listen to this guy about 1% of the time. But with my luck… this time he would of told the truth…and I would of got cited for too many poles for not listening! You know how that goes…..

jresoxhunter

Also, just FYI as long as you mentioned tip ups. A buddy mentioned to me that you also have to have a blade or similar device on your treble hook if your are using it on a tip up…I just usually use circle hooks as they are easier to remove….Just FYI as long as we are talking regs…………Out

crailt

this last post i’m interested in – was talking to a Gander employee on tipups w/ treble or quik strike rig and needing a blade/spinner to make legal — his response was no – it is just there for better presentation…whats the right answer ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.