Marcum LX 5

• rnelson
    Rochester

Is there any stores in Rochester that carries the LX 5?

The woman gave me the go ahead!!!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

NICE

I don’t know what stores you have down there, but I would call ahead. A lot of stores are currently out of them. I heard the Gander Mountain stores got a big shipment in last week.

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

Lakeville gander has some. I was thinkin on taking my lx3tc back and getting one but i dont think it is worth it, i dont need an lx5.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Yes, Lakeville has about a dozen LX-5.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

darn you all stop tempting me, I love my lx3, could always use another flasher….

scottsteil
    Central MN

Nick, you will not believe the improvements to the LX-5 over the original LX-3. The upgrade to the tc is a must in my opinion, but the LX-5 is unbelievable. Like I have been saying all year, just try one and give me your opinion. It is that good

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Scott, are the new Marcum’s compatible to Minnkota Universal Sonar? Can you get a cable to adapt it? Last I heard they weren’t available/adaptable. I really like to use my flasher on the bow.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I use my MarCum on the bow of my boat every year. One on the bow one on the dash. You need to buy the trolling motor mount transducer for the bow or the high speed for the stern. The mount real easy.

On my boat I run my graph through the Minn kota universal ducer and have the MarCum ducer mounted next to it. I strongly recommend using a flasher on your boat, that real time feedback is great.

Mykal
    Rogers, MN

Scott, I sold my LX-3 and picked up an LX-5 yesterday……..oh my!! Have you had a chance to play with the 8 degree cone on steep drops yet? I imagine the dead spot is greatly reduced.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Mykal, congrats on the LX-5. You are going to love that unit. Yes, I use the 8 degree ducer all the time. Deep water and weeds mainly. Like you said, you can use it on the deep edges and there is hardly any dead spot. Very nice. Keep us posted on how you like the unit.

clarkk
    Eagan, MN

Currently there is no Marcum adapter built for or compatible with MinnKota’s Universal sonar. I emailed both MinnKota and Marcum about this as I have an LX-3. Marcum said they sent spec info to MinnKota. MinnKota said they currently have no plans for creating a Universal Sonar adapter for the Marcum. This info was from Spring of 2005 so things could have changed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.