Pool 9……..Ice Fishing(Green Lake)

• BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Well it was nice to get back out on the hard water again.Even tho it was only about 1.5 inches thick to 2 inches and sounded like I was walking on potato chips when I would move from hole to hole . HA HA Fished from about day light to 9:00 Saturday morning. Caught about 20 fish with most of them being gills.Wax worm and jigs in a very shallow bay on the south end of Green Lake.A lot of you guys know the location of this place I’m sure.They had the gates open yet on the West side of the lake so the walk in to the lake was short.Couldn’t make it out all the way to the middle by no means.Stayed close to bank in about 2 ft. of water and had at it. It was a lot of fun until about 9:00 o’clock the ice started to sag and you know what happens then. Its hard to stay on fish when the water is running out of the holes that fast.Decided to beat feet and get while the getting was good.All in all it was just nice to have started the season off. PS….They sure tasted great for supper tonight.STEVE

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

you are so lucky! i wish i was out there! time will come!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Its hard to stay on fish when the water is running out of the holes that fast.

Stay safe! I would have loved to try fishing on 1 to 1.5 inches of ice…but I would sink in the muck after breaking the potato chips…Lucky for me I have a large butt and that normally stops me from sinking over my head in bird doo doo!

I’m jelous…had KFC tonight…shut my eyes and tried to imagine fried blugills…didn’t work!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

That fishing in 2 feet of water sounds like fun when you are catching fish. I’m chicken of deeper water in early ice but that shallow ice fishing you are talking about has gotten me excited. Dug out my vexilar, underwater camera
    and some of my ice fishing rods/reels after reading this and am anxious to ice fish. After Monday its suppose to get really cold so ice is on its way.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.