Jones County-Central Park Lake Report-Fished 01/20

• kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

When you have compressed almost a week’s worth of work into 3 days, on the 4th day, before succombing to a complete nervous breakdown; it is a good idea to leave a little early and go fishing in the hopes of improving your mental health.

With a general slow bite at all the large metro CR lakes, I decided to try some place a little off the beaten path and was not dissapointed. I arrived at central park lake about an hour b4 sunset, and except for 2-3 other fishermen, had the place to myself.

I had good, steady action with an orange jig tipped with waxworms. The lake is only 25 acres; I fished out towards the middle. It looked to be about 15′ deep or so, but I did not have a sonar unit or plumb line to measure it with certainty. I caught a meal of medium sized gills. Nothing over 8″, but respectable. As dusk settled in, the bite subsided. A nice little lake.

Regards,

Joe Jiacinto

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I was in another all-day’er in the mezzanine yesterday. Stopped by a couple of times to see if you were at your desk but nothin’ doing. Glad to hear that you got out.

I’m babysitting my sister’s dogs, and when I let them out this morning, I’ve probably never been more happy to have not made plans to go fish. It’s a blizzard out there.

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

I’ve got 3 modules and 5 CCAs that I am the responsible EE for going through drafting and getting built right now; so finding me at my desk will be unusual the next few weeks. I didn’t out get til almost 6 last night. It gets lonely in main plant after 4pm on a Friday… Ah, life @ the Rock…

Yeah dude, you’re not kidding-it sux out there. I feel bad for those guys from Iowa Outdoors who were having their GTG over @ the MAC this weekend. Hopefully things will calm down later today and they can make it out safely tomorrow. Debating whether I head over there for a bit. I don’t know many fellas from that site, other than Rugbystar. Not sure if he is going. I would really like to head to the IDA GTG next weekend in Prairie, but my wife is like a tick ready to burst (36 weeks now) so I better stay close to home. The weather tomorrow looks promising. My son and I will probably head out somewhere tomorrow afternoon from lunchtime-dusk. I am thinking of maybe heading back to Central or over towards Delhi. There is a park up there with a 20 acre lake. The bigger lakes have been slow, so I think I’m gonna try the smaller ones for a spell and exapnd my horizons.

Joe

lebruce
    C.R. Iowa

Joe, The best way to get to know the I/O members is by going over there and meet them tomorrow.Most of us went in to the main ramps at noon for grub and meeting others.It’s sopose to be the same time tomorrow,so come on out.Me and a few others will be up in the north arm by the ramps in green Eskimo Quick Flip II tents.

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

I probably will try stop by, though it will probably be closer to 1pm. We get done with church around 11:30 or so. I just got a new FL-8 this afternoon that I want put through its paces tomorrow.

Assuming I make it out there, I’ll be in a fishtrap in Carhartts duds, somewhere in the north arm.

Regards,

Joe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.