Strikemaster extenion print / measurement

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Anyone here have a Print or some measurements of a strikemaster auger extension? I was thinking about having a buddy make a few up for me. Never needed one before but do now.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

If you have a Strikemaster auger, you should already have all the info you need.The ID’s and OD’s would be the same as your present auger. The length can be what ever you want it to be.

BBKK
    IA

Its just an extension of your bit’s shaft. Measure the OD of your powerhead’s shaft, then the ID and OD of your bit’s shaft. Then its just as simple as deciding how long you want it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My auger is at a buddy’s house. I will give him a call tonight to see if he can pull the measurements.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Quote:

Its just an extension of your bit’s shaft. Measure the OD of your powerhead’s shaft, then the ID and OD of your bit’s shaft. Then its just as simple as deciding how long you want it.

And then make it loose so it wobbles like the strikemaster ones do.

I got a real goofy look when i bought my extension the first week in january…Sure glad i’m not one of the many who need one and can’t find one.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Sucks… I’m one of those guys that may just need one next week. Had a thought, the old auger, cut and drill it and there’s my extension, till I realized a tossed it out when cleaning the garage last fall.

badgerfishing
    Wausau

Yeah i am also one of those that needs one. Seriously giving some thought to taking the measurement and finding a post hole digger extension that fits it and hope to god that works.

Eyeowa
    Spirit Lake, Iowa

I just turned one out. I cut the ID for the crank connection at .890 and the OD into the auger at .875. The hole offset is .500 from the top and .500 from the shoulder at the bottom. I used 1.25 aluminum round stock.

BBKK
    IA

With those measurements, any metal shop could turn one out for you in no time.

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

Just make your own….This one is adjustable and when not needed I slide it all the way up and it is out of the way…The way this year is going I should start selling these….I dont know how many guys would pay for a nice SS one and my time though…..

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Looks real nice. I like how you made it adjustable.

dairycat

I used a 3/4″ nipple and a piece of 1/2″ pipe. Cut the threads off of a 5″ nipple, drill out the inside with a 7/8″ drill bit. Cut your 1/2″ pipe any size/length you want, slide it part way into the nipple(leave enough room for auger shaft) and weld it together. Drill holes and your done. pm me with questions

hunter1723

Sounds like one hell of a cluster F$%^. I would have just bought an extension to have one before.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.