Ice force gloves vs Frabill FXE task gloves

• dld24

James or whoever has used both, which one do you prefer?? Are they pretty close in warmth??? I have the FXE task gloves and I love them, but I can never have to many gloves

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Check out the Kast brand. Specifically the steelhead glove. Truly 100 percent waterproof, warmer, and thinner then the Frabill gloves. I have both and these are far superior then ANY light glove I’ve found. I ran them in the boat in November and could actually pitch plastics with them on.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Quote:

Check out the Kast brand. Specifically the steelhead glove. Truly 100 percent waterproof, warmer, and thinner then the Frabill gloves. I have both and these are far superior then ANY light glove I’ve found. I ran them in the boat in November and could actually pitch plastics with them on.

Travp…. how cold would you estimate it was in Nov when you were out?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

Quote:

Travp…. how cold would you estimate it was in Nov when you were out?

X2. Still looking for a glove to keep the hands winter river fishing. Bought a $30 pair of waterproof bow hunter gloves thinking that was the ticket, those suck. Those Kast look pretty interesting, and for $80 better work unbelievably.

dld24

Quote:

Those Kast look pretty interesting, and for $80 better work unbelievably.

Thats what I was thinking… The Frabills are definately the warmest I have used for their size…

ekruger01

Striker Elements, great glove, fully submersible. Lightweight and a local company. I find them warm enough for me, BUT, I also hardly ever fish on the ice with gloves on. I use them more when I am out blowing snow, or when it is really windy. Those Kast gloves look really nice too. Id heave to check em out in person before shelling out the 80 bucks!

ekruger01

I should also add, my daily winter gloves before I got hooked up the striker’s was the FXE Task gloves, I loved them, but if I got them wet, my hands got wet.

shamus
    Inactive

I haven’t had a problem with my hands getting wet while using the FXE gloves all winter and I’ve had them submerged a few times. Warmth hasn’t been an issue either. Only thing I’d like is better dexterity.

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Coldest was probably 15-20, plus wind.

milemark_714

Quote:

If they work for winter steelhead fishing,they will work for everything else.I had the FXE gloves for only 2 weeks,the snowthrower got one of them.Fell out of pocket and blew into the path of thrower.They were too warm,so I took them off and put in pockets.Tore off the thumb and ripped the palm section.Super warm for most events.Seemed worth the price,but never had the chance to see if waterproof

CJ

Quote:

I have a pair of these too and love them. I use them for ice, spring and fall fishing and they do their job. My only problem is that I have a working man’s hand that has outgrown my fingers. My hand barely fits in the mediums, but the the fingers are about .5″ to long. Same story with every other glove though. If they could build me a glove with a large palm and small fingers, I would buy 20 pair.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.