Strikemaster Auger Breather Tube

• bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

A buddy of mine just picked up a Strikemaster Lazer Pro auger & he informed me that it doesn’t have a breather tube on it. He also looked at his brothers Clam Edge power auger & didn’t see one on that either, can anyone verify that they got rid of the breather tube? What other method or system did they switch to (vented cap, vent higher on the tank, no vent at all)? Maybe someone could give me a part number on this new tank because I’d sure love to not have to worry about vapor locking or the breather tube filling with fuel.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

He is probably mistaken. Pic please.

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

The vent is in the fuel tank. Tube just under cap.

lundproangler
    Cold Spring, MN

Call Strikemaster and they will mail you out a longer tube. There is a short breather tube in there, you will need to replace it with the longer tube. When I called them they told me that it was a quality control issue and some new engines went out with the short tube instead of the long tube. Very easy fix with good directions.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

There is no sign of a breather tube in my brothers clam Edge auger and my 3hp SM. But both seem to run perfectly fine. I dont get it?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

How many tubes are coming out of the black grommet on the side of your gas tank?

bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

Thank you everyone for your input. I believe LundProAngler is correct, because there are 3 hoses coming out of the black grommet on my friends augers & one still has the ventilation socket on it. I think the hose is just barely poking through the black grommet & isn’t visible while looking into the tank.

lundproangler
    Cold Spring, MN

I am correct.
    Call Strikemaster, they are aware of the issue.
    I had to do this to mine and now it runs great.
    With the short breather tube, the gas tank cap will not vent, and when the longer tube is correctly installed, the cap will vent properly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.