strikemaster lazer pro

• run&gun
    MN

Is there a adjustment that came be made if the motor bogs down when at full throttle? Idles and starts fine.

Michelle1969
    NULL

There are I think two screws on the carb that you adjust. Like 1/4 turn

run&gun
    MN

Ok. Which way. Clock wise..counter clock wise. Thanks

Bassn Dan

Quote:

Is there a adjustment that came be made if the motor bogs down when at full throttle? Idles and starts fine.

I would guess you mean at full throttle while you’re cutting a hole? Could be that the blades are dull and that’s bogging it down. I’d look at that before adjusting the carb. If the blades are fine it could be that the carb is gunked up and needs cleaning or a rebuild kit.

Good luck.

Dan

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I had the same thing happeneing to my lazer mag express with the 2hp Tecumseh and all I can say is I hope yours turns out better than mine. Took mine to a local repair guy and the piston and cylinder were scored and he says parts for that motor are hard to come by. Would pretty much need the whole motor anyway!

milemark_714

These powerheads use a D shaped socket for carb adjustments,so you will have to look for them at a good auto parts store.Amazon may also have them.It is a tight fit,you will need a flex shaft to get to them.Identify the hi-speed jet and turn that one out(CCW),until the motor loads good.It worked for mine.Turn it 1/8 of a turn at a time.

If it starts and idles good,you have good compression.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.