What do you want to see

• tucrs
    NW Metro

What do you want to see for next year in the ice rods?
    Any rod ideas?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

interchangeable fighting butt grips (like a fly rod). Having multiple will counter balance the rod pending what style of baits your using. Adapters are about $2.00, extensions are about $4.50, and of coarse, cork. Having the adapter at the bottom of a reel seat would enable someone to change the OAL of the rod.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Interesting idea, this would be dedicated for the larger bait people use I assume.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Do you guys already have a gill rod in the 20 inch range? Definitely under 24″.

Wicked has a cool one. W-19UL.

Not sure how popular they are with the masses but that my style of gill rod. Short with plenty of action.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My rods aren’t here with me otherwise I would post a pick. Just changing from a “ball end” to a 3″ shaft style makes a subtle difference on feel and counter balancing. Something to offer in the Walleye/light trout line up through heavier Pike /laker rods

tucrs
    NW Metro

We did build a short rod 17″ or 19″ Maestro. White blank hi-vis green tip and a shorter handle.

Works great for sight fishing in the shack.

fishinhunt31
    Near Lake Winnebago

John, I contacted you on Wednesday, paid for a rod for Doof….I was going to suggest making a rod on the QT blank, but giving it less backbone, say…giving the rod a little more parabolic bend another 8″ –or 2/3rds of the overall rod, if possible. I’d buy that in a 36″ split grip tomorrow if it were made. I think that Joel Nelson had a good one too, with the Precision Noodle that had an inch or 1.5″ off the tip, still a noodle, but would fit that inbetween of a noodle and the QT, almost being the best of both worlds. I’ve got rods from TUCR, DH and TB and it’s amazing how just a little tweek changes the whole rod. I like that you’re getting input from the consumer, not that others don’t but seems like you’re on the ball. Thanks for the ability to give feedback John. I’ll be giving you a call in the next month or so.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Our Precision rod is slower than the Quicktip have you tried one of those?

Also Randy we can for sure build a custom on one of those we could even do it on a fly reel seat to keep the weight down.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

A few people that have seen mine really liked them. I have no interest in building rods for anyone else anymore, so thought I’ld toss the suggestion off to you to offer people

fishinhunt31
    Near Lake Winnebago

John, yep, I’ve got two Precisions, both 32″. I’m thinking that the 36″ might fit the bill.

Burr

42″ MH weight, MF action.

Because I don’t care if it is too long for James’ rod case.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Quote:

Any rod ideas?

I’d like to see them in stores.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

My rods aren’t here with me otherwise I would post a pick. Just changing from a “ball end” to a 3″ shaft style makes a subtle difference on feel and counter balancing. Something to offer in the Walleye/light trout line up through heavier Pike /laker rods

There is far too much mention of butt fighting in that picture Randy.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Quote:

Any rod ideas?

I’d like to see them in stores.

They are availible at Skeeter boat center in Chippewa Falls

tucrs
    NW Metro

They are also available in Iowa at Hanks Bait and Tackle-Waterloo and Gone Fishin’- Spirit Lake.

adam@tucr

Gone fishin is in Storm Lake Iowa.

iabubba
    NULL

gone fishin in storm lake.i picked up a couple from josh cant wait to use them.next year going to have to order a custom bubba rod

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

TUCR’s loss i guess. Lots of customers out there that would like to pick up a rod, and not drive to BumF no-where to get it.

Just say’n.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Quote:

TUCR’s loss i guess. Lots of customers out there that would like to pick up a rod, and not drive to BumF no-where to get it.

Just say’n.

The problem I think you would see there is you end up with a “mass produced rod” to fill store shelves. Off the shelf rods don’t get the attention to detail that a lot of the custom rod builders build their reputation and live by. I don’t own a TUCR (wish I did) but based off of what I have seen, they put out great products and I don’t think they want to ruin that reputation by filling store shelves with an inferior product that would end up with a lot of negative reviews.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Just say’n.

The problem I think you would see there is you end up with a “mass produced rod” to fill store shelves. Off the shelf rods don’t get the attention to detail that a lot of the custom rod builders build their reputation and live by. I don’t own a TUCR (wish I did) but based off of what I have seen, they put out great products and I don’t think they want to ruin that reputation by filling store shelves with an inferior product that would end up with a lot of negative reviews.

Not to mention the increased cost when more “hands” touch a product as passes from supplier to customer.

Egts

I’d like to see a fiberglass rod (stiffer than a noodle) with an adjustable spring bobber similar to St. Criox. St. Criox’s adjustable bobber is a necessary evil in really light bites. I almost fish noodle rods exclusively an there are days where they just don’t work. Having an infinitely adjustable spring bobber is better than just tying on a titanium wire.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

I’d like to see either the power precision or one similar in longer rods (i.e.36 inch). Being able to only get 32″ has held me back to trying that one out. Love my 36″ precisions but would love to add some that are stiffer or larger rattlebaits.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I’d like to see a fiberglass rod (stiffer than a noodle) with an adjustable spring bobber similar to St. Criox. St. Criox’s adjustable bobber is a necessary evil in really light bites. I almost fish noodle rods exclusively an there are days where they just don’t work. Having an infinitely adjustable spring bobber is better than just tying on a titanium wire.

If the fish are biting so light that I cannot see it on my TUCR noodle, then I’m going somewhere else… those are not the fish I’m wanting to target. Maybe an even lighter noodle would be a good addition? Like a super-noodle.

Egts

Removed personal attack.

dairycat

How is the selection at SBC? Will be in Eau Claire this weekend. I dont own any YET

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

How is the selection at SBC? Will be in Eau Claire this weekend. I dont own any YET

I haven’t been in again yet this year. I’d call and ask Dean. I got one there for my little brother before x-mas and haven’t had to go back there yet. Sorry I can’t help.

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

How about a heavier rod for pike or lake trout. I’ve noticed a few companies offer these type of rods. Either use a baitcaster or spinning reel.

Michelle1969
    NULL

Ray, I think they do make a laker/pike rod. Its one of them you ask you get type of things

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

I had a noodle built with 1.5 ” cut off the end and I put a homemade St. Croix spring bobber on it. Works great for those light biters.

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

Well, from the TUCR web site it does not mention a heavy action rod for pike or big lakers. I own a power precision and if I were to target large pike I think a heavier action rod would be better. St. Croix has the type of ice rod I’m talking about in the Premier series.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.