Ice force

• Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Does anyone have any user experience with the Ice Force suit? Looking to invest in a new suit this year or next. Leaning towards Striker but these these are also being considered just can’t find much for reviews on them since they are new.

TIA!

kwmagic
    Rochester, MN

I just bought a striker predator suit this year at the ice show and love it!! its lightweight, fits perfect and has more pockets then I know what to use them for. also like how it has vents i can open so i dont get too hot! I have also tested it in the coldest weather this winter and have yet to get cold.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

There is a video of a guy on Winnebago sitting out in 35+ mph winds in a striker suit. Pretty impressive

Beuks60

I too bought a Striker Predator suit beginning of this year and like it alot. It is a little easier sell to the Mrs. if you tell her it floats. I have been out in minus degree weather and wind most of the year and I have not been cold yet. The suit is a little bulkier than the old ice armour type suits but IMHO it is worth it because of the warmth it provides!

I have an ice force suit. It’s my second ice fishing specific suit, I have an old Arctic Armor that I wear on thin ice. The ice force is articulated and warm, has pockets about everywhere you’d want them.

I traditionally have always worn a Wintergreen arctic jacket, but since they went under, I’m kinda afraid to f’it up without the option to replace it. So, I stopped wearing that and got the ice force jacket and bibs. I was going to spend the extra $ on the Striker too, but the price was too good. I wish it didn’t say ice force soo much. I’m 6’1″ 210 and find that the xl fits super well.

They have them @20% off with free shipping right now. I heard the suit is overspec’d considering the $ and likely will not make a reprise.

jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

I have been using the Ice Force bibs this year and they are super warm. I like them so far. Qaulity built, good zippers and velcroe around the legs, knee padding is good and deep pockets. They are also have a few vents near the thigh that you can open up to get more air flow if its warmer outside which has not been the case this year! True to size, I love em! I do not have the jacket yet, that will be next. I think the Rapala site had them on sale also recently.

Good luck,

Jake

castle-rock-clown

I believe any of the suits out there will not dissapoint. I personaly have the black frabill ice suit. I have not been even chilled in that thing yet. I made the mistake of wearing a little too much under it and the result was overheating. My priority was to get a suit that didn’t require bulky mid layers. Stay warm.

Wizdumb

peterson, I cant vouch for the strike force suit (I am sure it is great), but I have the old striker lite suit and it is incredible. I like how the bib legs are able to be rolled up and fastened to accommodate for a broad range of sizes so you get that perfect fit (+ it floats and has a built in beer holder lol). The only downside I have found is that there are so many pockets on the jacket, that I constantly lose items such as my car keys, temporarily. It seems like every time I go out I discover a new pocket! For reference, I am 5’11”, 170 and had to return a large jacket for a medium. Stuck with the large bibs and rolled the pant legs up a bit so they would not drag on ground & the suspenders are maxed out as far as being as cinched as possible. I ‘might’ have gotten away with a medium of those as well.

gandercommander

Striker ice completely suck unless you like to look pretty out there on the ice but if you want something that’s tough and rugged I would not get striker by far worst suit period

Egts

Quote:

Striker ice completely suck unless you like to look pretty out there on the ice but if you want something that’s tough and rugged I would not get striker by far worst suit period

WOW, that’s pretty harse. My friend owns a local bait shop and has sold a ton of Striker suits. The feed back has been awesome. I can say the Striker suit is much nicer than the Artic Armor suit that I have. There is no comparison between the two. I will have a Striker suit next year.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Quote:

WOW, that’s pretty harse. My friend owns a local bait shop and has sold a ton of Striker suits. The feed back has been awesome. I can say the Striker suit is much nicer than the Artic Armor suit that I have. There is no comparison between the two. I will have a Striker suit next year.

I’ll second that one!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.