LX7 SENSITIVITY

• CPR4BASS

Saturday was my first time using my new LX7. I had to turn my sensitivity to 20 to pick up my 4mm jig with plastic on the back in 14 feet of water. Is this normal for this units?

duke.harbaugh

Rune the 6 color pallet. I just explained how to do this on your first post. The 6 color will definitely help sensitivity unless you are in heavy current.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Not what so ever.
    The highest mine has ever been would be 5.
    Were you fishing an area with current by chance?

duke.harbaugh

I have to run mine on 10 to 15 max with some very lite small jigs in lite current areas.

CPR4BASS

There was no current where I was fishing.

CPR4BASS

I even lower cone down further.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Call marcum..they will take care of you. 1-888-778-1208

duke.harbaugh

Dont lower the ducer… just as long as its under water you are good. I usually never go more than 6 inches or so down. A lot easier to move it when you have a fish on.

CPR4BASS

Thanks so much love your show.

castle-rock-clown

Ok this will sound insane, but last year i was fishing and got hungry. i had a dainish and was devouring it while jigging. a few of the crumbs fell into my hole and as they sank they showed up on the graph. I switched to the collum flashers and they showed up there to on their way down. I switched back to graph and they looked like streaks slowly decending to the bottom. read the manual after setting to 6 color pallet and adjust up from zero. good luck.

shaley
    Milford IA

Ashes from a smoke will also show up in the 7, run my sensitivity at 2 but running 2.9 or whatever update havent updated to the last one yet….

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

You know this might be a little off subject but I’m having issues marking my slender spoons on the lx-7 Would this have something to do with sensitivity?

ps0345

Not to steal the thread. but, so you don’t drop the “puck” below the actual ice? How many other guys use this method. I always thought the ducer had to be just below the ice level.
    So basically you suspend the ducer 6 inches in the hole..

Quote:

Dont lower the ducer… just as long as its under water you are good. I usually never go more than 6 inches or so down. A lot easier to move it when you have a fish on.

duke.harbaugh

My puck is usually never more than 6-8 inches below the waters surface. Unless I am on super thick ice. It helps with any interference. There was a post on here a while back that suggests this method which works great for me. I was always thinking it had to be below the ice as well….

Poorboy
    Illinois

A lot of good info here on this thread! Thanks!

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

You know this might be a little off subject but I’m having issues marking my slender spoons on the lx-7 Would this have something to do with sensitivity?

No current!

duke.harbaugh

Running 6 color palette? A slender spoon should not need the 6 color I wouldn’t think. But who knows What version are you running? Maybe an update would help.. How long have you had it?

duke.harbaugh

Fully charged battery? Transducer cable is tight?

steuben1
    Indiana

Quote:

Quote:

Depending on how you are fishing slender spoons and what depth, they will “flutter” out of the cone angle depending on how you are fishing them.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

Running 6 color palette? A slender spoon should not need the 6 color I wouldn’t think. But who knows What version are you running? Maybe an update would help.. How long have you had it?

I’m running 6 color and version 3.17 and so far I have used this unit 3 times. I was fishing in 19ft and some of my smallest jigs were showing up just fine. I switched to the smallest slender spoon (not sure what size that is) and it was here and there showing up.

duke.harbaugh

ok thats it. As you jig the slender spoon the action of the spoon causes it to “swim” out of your cone area. And in time will come back into it then a good jig will flutter it rite back out of your cone.

BBKK
    IA

I have trouble marking the 1/16 slenders also unless I load it full of spikes and turn the gain way up. Otherwise it flutters out of the cone, and you only have a tiny thin blade to mark to begin with.

shaley
    Milford IA

I think the issue is in the spoon being its so thin has little to reflect a return back, have noticed it with different baits over the years some return better than others some are a pain to pick up at all do to design of the bait…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.