Otter XT900 question

• shockers
    Rochester

Anyone have any experience fishing 3 guys out of one of these? Me and two buddies will be trying to fish out of one of these soon and just wondering if it’s a bit tight or if 3 guys (each with 2 holes in the ice) can fish comfortable in one. Thanks!

shockers
    Rochester

The Lodge. Not the resort. Says you can take out the center caddy and put 3 chairs in, but…

jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

Two comfortably. But yeah you could put another guy in there… Personally I would not do it.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

The Lodge. Not the resort. Says you can take out the center caddy and put 3 chairs in, but…

It’s no problem at all, I’ve done it many times. If you’ve got an extra chair it will work but what we’ve done is have the 3rd guy sit facing back in the front corner of the house. You will only be able to fish 1 line each this way so make sure to bring tip-ups

Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

It might be a little tight depending on how much gear you have to set up for each person. I wouldn’t spend the time or cash puting a third seat on the sled. Set the extra guy on a bucket by the door an they can fish holes in each corner left and right of the door. This will make it easier to get in and out of the shack without stepping into a hole or kicking gear down a hole.

shockers
    Rochester

Thanks guys. This is good info. We’re just trying to figure out what our best option might be. I’m 6’6″, the other two are around 6 foot. I wouldn’t say we’re super “wide” but we ain’t exactly dainty either.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Depends on the size of the Man I have done what Roseburg has said and fished 3 this way. – QB

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.