Hair Ice Jigs *updated*

• BBKK
    IA

Just a new project I’m working on… my tying sucks but I still think they will catch fish. I’m slowly getting better at it, the last batch were a lot better looking. I have some more colors to do, I just wanted to share what I’ve done so far.

I’m tired of messing with adjusting plastics.. we’ll see how these do!

These are 1/80 with a #10 hook and tied with synthetic hair for lots of action. They are SMALL jigs, much smaller than anything I could find.

Colors are: (not in any order)

Firetiger (chart head with green/orange hair)

Orange/black head

Black/Black

Pink/white head

Orange/chart head

Green/white head

White

Glow

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Not a bad start. those sizes are a pain in the to tie.

See PM for tips

BBKK
    IA

Its times like these where I wish I didn’t have a high-def camera! Looking back at them, they look like crap! I can promise you they don’t look bad at all in person, you can’t even see those little hairs sticking out of the thread wraps.

A little perspective, the jig from head to hair is just shy of 1″ long, the pictures were taken from 1″ away.

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

They look good to me! If you are looking to sell or get rid of any, I will gladly take them off your hands!

blufloyd

I use the same jigs with ice chenille no tails. great results.

BBKK
    IA

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I have some better pictures uploading now. Took me about 15 jigs to get the hang of it, I think I have it down pretty well now.

I MIGHT sell some, but I’m not positive on that yet. We’ll see how the next batch comes out

I’ve still got about 50 more 1/80 to paint and tie, and 100 of the 1/64 to paint and tie. Maybe tomorrow after work! I found out quick that I’ll need more jig heads, once you start thinking about all the different color combinations that you can do you end up with 5 of each color lol

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

I think they look great!

BBKK
    IA

Thanks!

jfs62
    Southeast WI

Nice job. This will be my first winter attempting to make my own jigs. I think this year I’ll stick to the plain jigs until I get the hang of it. Keep posting. Be interested in seeing your progress throughout the winter.

BBKK
    IA

Hoping to get out and try some tomorrow, if not maybe friday! Already have a firetiger tied up on my TUCR PN.

tulp0165
    NULL

look great should definatly catch some on em!

BBKK
    IA

I finally got a chance to give them a try today. Caught several small bass and green sunfish on the green/white one. I only took a picture of the first two, as the rest were the same thing. Was hoping to get some crappies or gills but they weren’t there or weren’t biting. New spot tomorrow after work so hopefully I can get some crappies on the ice!

BBKK
    IA

Second pic you can see the tip of the transducer arm shane made… love that thing!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.