Showdown

• Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

Hey guys I recently bought a showdown and it works great! Except it picks up interference really bad and is there a cause you know about?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

sensitivity turned up too high? You only want it high enough to just see your jig. If that doesn’t cure the problem, you may need repair. I had the same issue and Marcum repaired it for free.

logan newberg
    wisconsin

did u turn you noise up that should take care of it

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

IceNutz is probably right. Your sensitivity is probably set too high, normally I run mine on level 2 or 3 depending upon the depth I’m fishing and the size of the jig. Once while fishing in 30 ft I had to take it up to 4 but that’s the only time. Otherwise check your IR settings if you are getting Interference from another unit, but remember only one unit has to be adjusted normally for eliminating this problem.

Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

I’ll check that out! Thanks I think I use about a 5 or 6 i n 15 ft so I’ll try going lower! Also do any of you guys have any problems while in the same house as someone?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Is the display “scrambly” when you put it down a hole when hole hopping? I have had that happen. I don’t remember how I would fix it. I think I just hit the zoom or range buttons or maybe turned it off and on.

Another issue I have had is the power getting cut. Usually jiggling the clips to the battery terminal have taken care of that.

Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

Yeah I’ll get just like a million lines and sometimes can’t even tell what one is my jig.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If that’s what I have experienced, I don’t think adjusting the sensitivity will do anything. I am 95% sure I just keep the transducer in the water and turn it off and on. Otherwise mine clears up sometimes after 5-10 seconds. The problem is I don’t want to wait, so I power down and up.

I have been out once this year and I have not experienced it? Maybe it is related to the connection to the terminals? Whatever it is, I know it happens when I hole hop and it happens when I put it in the hole.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Make sure you have a good battery and it has 100% charge. Swap with a buddies if you can to test.

Dan0068

We fish with them 3 ft apart and do not have any issues, you just have to play with sensitivity….Best electronic on ice!!

nathan_schott
    Cheboygan MI

what line do you fish with? somtimes if i fish with fireline i have similar problems

Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

For the mist part I run 4lb mono so idk I’ll just play around with everything

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.