Tuned Up Custom

• artifishal

Picked up my first Tuned Up Custom Rod. I am not new to the custom ice rod market, but I did want to try out a new company and see what the buzz was about. Even though I have yet to use the rod, I can tell that I will be adding others to my collection. A top quality product from some top notch guys. Keep up the good work

joe e
    Medford, WI

I also have my first tuned up custom rod coming in the next 2 weeks. I can’t wait!!!

jld
    Holmen

I have been using my new Noodle all weekend and can’t say enough good things. I thought my precision was a great rod, which ii is but for the light bite crappies I found today without this rod I would have never hooked the amount of fish I did without it.

MikeLarson

And the owners are good people that’s a huge plus

DankShow
    St. Paul, MN

I too got my first TUC rod this weekend! I got the 28″ QuickTip split grip. I can’t wait to get out and try it out! Talked with Adam last year at the show for almost an hour and couldn’t pull the trigger- I knew this year I was going to finally get one, and worked with Adam again this year. Great guys that have a phenomenal product! Christmas came early for me this year!

chirp
    Rochester

Got a Noodle last year for Christmas. Just got another one this weekend at the Ice Show. Worked with Adam last year and spoke with John at the show. Both great guys to work with. You really get a great feel on those light bite Gills. Enjoy I know I will. TUCR

d21arren

You will like it a lot. I got this guy on while blue gill fishing and the rod perfomed awesome.

Aquaholic
    WI

Picked myself up a couple at the ice show. Got to use the noodle today. Liking it so far.

frezerfisher

You just gave me what I needed to tell my wife when I buy a new ice fishing pole, I collect them. That works,yes I collect them. Sounds better than hording them. Fat Fish (Jerry)

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

If I’m paying that kind of $ for a rod they could at least have a reel seat that will lock the reel down. I don’t understand why there are so few rods that do. I won’t buy one that I have to tape or use a rubber band. I want it to work the way I bought it, without having to rig something up to make it work. I’m sure the rods are nice. I didn’t even grab one, but I keep my rods to $25 or less. The folks I talked to when buying my IDO hat Saturday did seem like pretty good eggs though.

steuben1
    Indiana

Quote:

If I’m paying that kind of $ for a rod they could at least have a reel seat that will lock the reel down. I don’t understand why there are so few rods that do. I won’t buy one that I have to tape or use a rubber band. I want it to work the way I bought it, without having to rig something up to make it work. I’m sure the rods are nice. I didn’t even grab one, but I keep my rods to $25 or less. The folks I talked to when buying my IDO hat Saturday did seem like pretty good eggs though.

I understand what you are saying, custom rods aren’t for everyone. It quickly becomes a “want” vs. a “need”. I do want to mention that I will NEVER buy a rod with a reel seat. When I put a reel on my rod, I want to guides of the rod to be left (while looking down the rod) of the reel. I use a pencil grip while fishing 100% of the time and when I hold the rod, my wrist rotates counterclockwise. When this happens, now my guides line up. Weird I know, but it’s very, very comfortable for me.

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

Quote:

You can simply order any rod with reel seats. Call Adam or John with anything you have in mind and they’ll make it happen without a doubt. There were plenty of rods at the ice show that had reel seats on them.

jld
    Holmen

My new Noodle came this year with Cold Snaps bands already on the handle. I like these bands better and I was happy that the guys at TUC got them on the handle because it was a b!tch when I had to get them on my Precision.

tucrs
    NW Metro

We can do just about any combination of options.

Reel seats, fly seats and anything in between.

Having no reel seat cuts down the weight and therefore increases the feel of the rod.

Thank you guys for all your positive feedback.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

I’ll be taking my TUCR Precision rod out on the big waters this weekend looking to tag into a bruiser trout!

jfs62
    Southeast WI

I agree with the no reel seat opinion. I certainly do not begrudge anyone who wants a reel seat but I like the endless possibilities for positioning your reel that a plain handle gives you.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Bought my very first TUCR at the big show on Friday. Now I know what all the hype is about! I love my new 30″ Quick tip. Handles rippin raps and medium sized spoons flawlessly.

BurlapBrothers
    Kavokian Slough, WI

Looking forward to ordering my first TUC rod here shortly, just doing a little research to figure out what will fit my fishing habits the best.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Looking forward to ordering my first TUC rod here shortly, just doing a little research to figure out what will fit my fishing habits the best.

Bravo for research! It’s always a good idea prior to purchasing, but you can contact Adam or John directly and they can tell you exactly what you need for your specific purposes and habits. A great and helpful bunch of guys.

BurlapBrothers
    Kavokian Slough, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Bravo for research! It’s always a good idea prior to purchasing, but you can contact Adam or John directly and they can tell you exactly what you need for your specific purposes and habits. A great and helpful bunch of guys.

I’ve been picking the ecnook guys brain.. and searching the web. One of the biggest things im stuck on is length of rod to get.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I’ve been picking the ecnook guys brain.. and searching the web. One of the biggest things im stuck on is length of rod to get.

If you fish outside the shack a lot I’d recomend picking up a 36″. Inside a shack a 30-32″ is nice. If you’re unsure I’d say go with 32″

zekoonce
    West Salem, WI

A 27″ rod is pushin too long for my taste inside the otter cabin. As I like to lean forward and fish. My 24″ blackbetty has done excellent for me in the shack. I’m lookin to get a 25 or 26 inch noodle. 80% of the time I’m in The shack. My only problem is the choice between a straight reel or a spinning reel. Alex/burlap bro #2, seeing you are my brother and fish the same as me I wouldn’t push anything over a 27″ rod. Unless we get a bigger shanty like an otter lodge which is a very high possibility. Even then a 24 to 27 incher would be just fine.

jld
    Holmen

I fish out of an older Clam Guide shack and I am using a 32″ Noodle with no spaces issues. Perfect rod for me when I decide to go exploring and hole hop.

BBKK
    IA

I can use my 30″ PN inside my frabil recon 1 man.. and that flipover is TIGHT. I used to use 22-25″ (still do) and I see no difference inside the shack.

zekoonce
    West Salem, WI

do you guys sit back and fish or lean forward. I find the 24″ rubbing the front of the tent if I don’t have everything set just right. With the heater and marcum behind the holes it don’t leave you much room. IMO.

BBKK
    IA

No, I never lean back in the chair. I just don’t have a 4′ hook-set like some of the guys on TV. I just flick my wrist and start reeling, sometimes I rub the front of the tent.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

sometimes I rub the front of the tent.

For luck?

zekoonce
    West Salem, WI

Well with a little persuasion from Mr. Will Roseberg and the famouse Dave Koonce himself I pulled the trigger on the 27″ noodle split grip. I’m sure it will work great but from the sounds of some elderly advice I will be extending the length when I order a new one next year. I can’t thank my uncle Dave enough as he has been more than perfect with my endless ice fishing questions.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

For luck?

Of course!

lakedocktor

Get the Precision with Recoil guides and you will be more than satisfied!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.