marcum lx1 problem possibly? Help!!!

• jayd316
    NULL

I have a marcum lx1 that I bought off of ebay and well I used it for the first time today and well it wouldn’t read my jig unless I had the gain all the way up. Even then it would only read from 6 ft to 12 ft and faintly at that. I had to jig hard for it to read. What could the problem be? Bad transducer or internal I have no clue. The worst part is I don’t have the money to replace or send it in to be repaired ,and the guy I bought it from won’t return my messages on ebay. This really sucks because I got rid of my fl8 because I used my buddies vx1 and loved marcum more. Its ice fishing season and now I feel like a duck with a broken wing

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I would honestly start with a new battery.

FDR

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I would call the guys are Marcum on monday morning and ask them what they think the problem might be. To me this sounds like a transducer issue, but that is just my thought. Either way the guys down at Marcum will for surely be able to give you a square answer. – QB

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Where are you from? Might make a difference.

Since most issues are caused by the battery that would be a good place to start, but since it’s Monday morning now, I would give the guys at Marcum a ring first. Might save you the $20 for the battery.

888-778-1208

Paul Delaney

Definitely start with a new freshly charged battery the problem you are experiencing definitely sound like this could be the problem. With ice season upon us now we for sure dont want to be with out our products but have no fear if this does not solve your problem like Quinten said contact Marcum themselves and they will for sure take care of your problem.

Paul Delaney
    http://www.lateeyessportfishing.com

BBKK
    IA

First. Has it been less than 30 days since you purchased it on ebay? If so you can open an ebay case against the seller claiming it is now how it was listed (I assume the problem wasn’t in the description). The seller then has the option to work it out with you (refund your money for a return) or escalate it to ebay. Either way in 3 days ebay will refund you if it is not how the seller described it. Even if the seller has “no returns” on the listing, if it is not how the seller described it you are entitled to a refund.

Second, I want to make sure you realize the lx-1 and vx-1 are not the same unit. So if you liked your buddies vx-1 you may or may not like the lx-1. I would say the lx-1 is about on par with a vexilar fl-8se. You may be better off getting your money back from the unit and finding a vx-1 pro.

jayd316
    NULL

Thanks guys I appreciate the info and I’m gonna try out the battery problem first and see if that’s it. Hopefully that’s the problem. If not then I guess ill have to send it in. I really hope I don’t have to. It read the bottom and everything but not my jig really. Plus the charger that came with it was really bad. That could be it. The battery is probably old. If that don’t work ill get a new ducer too. Can’t hurt I guess. By the time I’m done ill have a whole new unit lol

jayd316
    NULL

Yeah I think the problem is my battery. I took it off my unit and looked for a date on the battery and lo and behold the sticker says QA-03 so the battery is 10 years old. Probably not maintained either so it looks as though I’m going to head to the store in a few and pick up a new battery. Yay me

BBKK
    IA

A battery store like battery plus will be cheaper than most sporting goods store. Just a heads-up.

jayd316
    NULL

Thank you kevin, batteries plus was an awesome idea. I got a charger and battery for 30 $ almost half as much as if I were to go to scheels or fleet farm!!!! I really appreciate the suggestion

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.