First ice is here in Bloomer, Wisconsin!!

• Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

First ice is finally here in Bloomer, Wisconsin!! Caught this big crappie and bluegill yesterday on the pond before heading to a local lake for a hot.evening crappie bite!! Big lakes got a while yet but small lakes are going well!

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Any chance fishing by Gilligan’s? According to there webcam it looks like that might be fishable. I saw people out on Rice this morning in the north bay.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

I actually stopped at the rod and gun shop in Chetek today to get some more ratsos and asked if they were walking on the chain yet and the guy said yes. If gilligans isnt ready it literally will be any day now.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Saw a guy on their webcam this afternoon

jfs62
    Southeast WI

Nice
    Please send some of that ice south. Got ice fever, but we’re just a little ways away yet.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

Nice
    Please send some of that ice south. Got ice fever, but we’re just a little ways away yet.

I would love to since I try to make one or two trips south every yezr on Green Lake for lakers if it freezes right. Supposed to be bitter cold next week which should push alot of lakes into safe ice mode. Im hoping anyway. The early ice lakes are fun but my favorite stuff isnt quite ready yet.

Bryan Myers

That awesome did you have the pond to yourself or was there some others out? I think it’s time for me to stop chasing venison around up north and head home and get in on that action! Thanks for reporting!!

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

That awesome did you have the pond to yourself or was there some others out? I think it’s time for me to stop chasing venison around up north and head home and get in on that action! Thanks for reporting!!

The family pond gets overlooked by most in my family good news for me! Marshmiller has been more or less to myself as well. Last nigt was the worst but it was still only 5 ppl! Its fishing as well numberwise as it has in ages for me. Last year was particularly slow. Gotta weed through alot of little ones but the keepers are there. Its providing fun action until my favorite Bloomer, New Auburn, Chetek lakes freeze over well! Sounds like peopke are walking on Chetek though!

Bryan Myers

It’s really nice to have some small over looked ponds around the area that build ice quick. It would be good to see marshmiller be more productive than it was last year.

I’m with you I can’t wait till some of the bigger lakes in the area lock up and I can get out to where I want to be.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Hoping those lakes will be ready with next weeks arctic blast as long as the bulk of the snow stays north as forecasted! I guess a few guys are walking on the yellow river arm of wissota but thats too sketchy for my liking. Marshmiller is providing fun until then. Want to try Bob lake just east of bloomer this year since its the only lake around ive never tried yet and i like the layout on topo maps!

jigginfireman

Very cool. I fished Marshmiller as a kid many years ago. I haven’t fished it in years. I would love to fish it again for old time sake. Take care.

Bryan Myers

Hopefully we don’t get much more snow and we get the cold temps. I would like to get out on the yellow myself but with the sketchy ice conditions there Ill wait at least a few more days.

If you get a chance to fish Bob go for it. I usually fish it a couple of times a year, normally good numbers of crappies but not always much size. However I have pulled enough good fish out of there to keep going back chasing the basin bite!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.