Walleyes found

• zachabbott
    NULL

Where is the most common place you might be likely to find winter ice walleyes. Like, where have you had luck? Like weed beds, drop offs, ect..

brad-o
    Mankato

Flats on rocky points during the morning, and evening. Sunken islands and deep basin during the day.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Early season I like to focus on weedlines and shallower rock piles (6-12 FOW) with nearby access to deeper water. Mid season I follow the fish out to mid lake humps and flats. Late season I head back to shoreline breaks and shallower rocks.

For a very cool early season somewhat outside the box shallow water bite take a look at the tip show James and I filmed last winter on Mille Lacs… It will work in any lake where walleyes are relating to weedlines.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

To me, early season and shallow water go hand in hand. From 3-6 feet in rivers, to 5 to 12 feet in lakes, first ice proves over and over again that walleyes are shallow.

Shallow also means aggressive. Vibrant baits such as jigging raps, rippin raps and aggressive spoons are a staple in my arsenal.

riverrat21
    duluth,mn

Grant..Duluth hard water fisherman here..with this early cold weather,have any estimation on when the st.Louis will be fishable???..I work on connors point in the superior side of the harbor and theres not much for ice out there right now..im thinkin the river we be fishable weeks before the Park point side of the harbor will be froze over..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.