Wisconsin Ice!!

• Bryan Myers

While trying to put a boat in the water today, I managed to find two ramps froze up before I gave up the search. It wasn’t walking ice but with the temps in the forecast for the next week, I don’t think it will be long before I can get out there.

These pictures are from the north west side of Lake Wissota. Any other Wisconsin ice been spotted?

bigpike

Was in Phillips yesterday, lakes in town were mostly skimmed over….

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

But it is so Awesome and Fun to listen to the ICE Crinkle and Crackle & you fly thru the Skim Ice.

Like Millions of Champagne Glasses breaking on concrete

In my book, it cools the water faster too and when really freezes up.

jkonop
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks…I was just about to go check that out on Wissota.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

While trying to put a boat in the water today, I managed to find two ramps froze up before I gave up the search. It wasn’t walking ice but with the temps in the forecast for the next week, I don’t think it will be long before I can get out there.

These pictures are from the north west side of Lake Wissota. Any other Wisconsin ice been spotted?

I was driving around town yesterday and noticed the pond here in Bloomer is iced over also. Of course a flock of geese was on the north end by the apartments. So that area will take a little while longer before I completely trust it! It won’t be long now!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Nice! Appreciate the reports sconnie-way. This is going to be good. Be careful out there for first ice guys!

Joel

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Drove down to the landing this morning to check out the ice and I am very impressed! Looks like a couple inches of solid clear ice! As long as everyone keeps their heads and doesn’t do something to tip off the lady folks that cold water is bad for a guy, we may be out there this weekend!

A general piece of advice, make sure to keep an eye on the ice as it is freezing up. in the 2nd pic you can see our friendly flock of Geese causing a possible bad spot once we do get out there.

Bryan Myers

I was up by Ashland deer hunting this past weekend and I’m suppose to do the same thing this weekend but I am thinking about trading the gun for the ice gear!! I have heard reports of people fishing in the Park Falls area already as well. Its coming just need to take precautions to stay safe out there.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

There are some guys fishing the Minocqua area over the last two days… Mielke Bay on Big Arb, the Rainbow Flowage, Willow Flowage, Little St. Germain are just a few I have heard of… I heard there was ice on even our largest lakes as well, with only the bays being accessible.

My only disappointment is going south for Thanksgiving and having to study for a test… No time to get out on our early ice…

I see that they just posted a snow warning for lake effect, so be careful on ice up that way, they are calling for 4″-12″ of snow from Ashland Co. to Vilas Co.

Mark

Paul Delaney

While I am still here in Little Bay De Noc fishing open water for how much longer I do not know but it is exciting hearing about all the recent icing over of so many lakes because as we all know we love that first ice fishing. As much as everyone wants to get out on the first ice please remember too soon is too soon make sure ice is thick enough to walk on and please use the buddy system do not go out alone. Be safe and good fishing.

Paul Delaney
    http://www.lateeyessportfishing.com

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

There is 4 inches of ice being reported on the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I was over in Polk county this weekend chasing deer and they are definatly on the ice over there. I heard Yellow was really going good so far this season

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Got out on Lake WI on Friday, great to be back on the ice. Managed enough gills for a meal

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.