Need suggestions for a TUC rod

• to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I’d like to purchase my first TUC rod and thought I’d check with everyone on here to try to pick out the best rod for my typical fishing.

I do a an even mix of fishing in and out of the shack, and my usual haunts kick out Bluegills, Crappies, and Perch in the same spots.

Any recommendations?

clintradtke

If you want to feel the bite- Quicktip.
    If you want to watch the bite at the rod tip- Noodle.

Either way you can’t go wrong. Just depends on the how you like to fish.

steuben1
    Indiana

Quote:

I’d like to purchase my first TUC rod and thought I’d check with everyone on here to try to pick out the best rod for my typical fishing.

I do a an even mix of fishing in and out of the shack, and my usual haunts kick out Bluegills, Crappies, and Perch in the same spots.

Any recommendations?

Just call John. I ordered my first TUCR yesterday and he basically told me what I needed based on what I was fishing with/for. Very nice guy. I went straight to the horses mouth to figure out what I needed. Worked out great!

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

If you want to feel the bite- Quicktip.
    If you want to watch the bite at the rod tip- Noodle.

Either way you can’t go wrong. Just depends on the how you like to fish.

He is right on. The best thing you can do is give Adam at Tuned up a call. He will be able to get you into the perfect rod and length for you!

chriseide1

I just bought a 32″ quick tip with spilt grip I’ve ony used it off the dock so far but love the feel. Agree with giving them a call they are very helpful .

Sean Reames

Quote:

Any recommendations?

Todd when you stop in to pickup your boat take a look at all the ones that we have in stock. It’s nice to actually feel the rods for yourself. We have quite a selection.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Any recommendations?

Todd when you stop in to pickup your boat take a look at all the ones that we have in stock. It’s nice to actually feel the rods for yourself. We have quite a selection.

Thanks Sean; I didn’t realize you guys sold these. Is there anything I need that you DON’T sell ?

tucrs
    NW Metro

Yes check them out at Skeeter Boat Center. They have a full stocking lineup.

Once you learn how to fish the noodle you will never fish without one. It is absolutley incredible to watch a big crappie bite on one.

Give us a call if you have any questions!

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Once you learn how to fish the noodle you will never fish without one. It is absolutley incredible to watch a big crappie bite on one.

awesome…. my quicktip and noodle just showed up yesterday at the post office, and I didnt get my precision till too late in the season last season, so i will be playing with alot of new TUCR rods this year…

artifishal

Quote:

John, are you guys going to be selling your stock rods at the St. Paul Ice Show in December? Both the ceramic and recoil guide rods?

tucrs
    NW Metro

Yes we will. REC guided rods are our main focus. We are going to have some new types of handles and rods this month to kick off the season as well.

Stay Tuned!

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I love living in Eau Claire and being able to go to the Skeeter Boat Center and just pick things up!

BBKK
    IA

My suggestion for a TUCR rod is to buy two TUCR rods. You’ll end up using the one you have all day long switching lures, not even reaching for your old rods.. yes they are THAT good. The last 6 or 7 trips on the ice I only took one rod because I knew I would never use the other ones.

I NEED to get another noodle this year.

fishnjunkie

long time lurker first time poster here, but my question is are they worth the money, i mean it is only a ice fishing rod.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Come by the shop I will show why they are worth it.

Feeling a walleye suck in a spoon or the crappie gulp a jig is well worth it.

The noodle rod is the one people are shocked about. They usually come to me the next weekend and said if they would have known about how many crappies they missed they would have bought one a long time ago. You will see the difference quickly.

Custom quality, more durable guides, Tuned actions, Premium cork, true split grips options, endless design choices, I am sure that is just a start.

John

steuben1
    Indiana

Quote:

long time lurker first time poster here, but my question is are they worth the money, i mean it is only a ice fishing rod.

What you don’t want to do is don’t get caught up on the price of the rod. What you have to understand is that you are also paying for the customer service. What other business can you send an email to the CEO, tell him what kind of fishing you do and he builds you a rod to match the type of fishing perfectly? Nowhere that I know of.
    That type of customer service these days is well worth the price of a TUCR alone.

Oh and by the way, the TUCR are bada$$!

Just my opinion though.

Rope
    Kansas

Oh and by the way, the TUCR are bada$$!
    X2
    Adam and John are great to deal with.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.