Honda 4 Stroke Auger input needed

• tucrs
    NW Metro

So I am torn. I have my old trusty Strikemaster two stroke that I just put in $100 last year for a new carb. It is new enough to have the plastic lightweight handles but, I really like the new 4 stroke.

So question for the people out here. How was the new ones last year? Any major complaints. I drill about 100 holes a weekend on average.

I don’t think I can part with the old one either way.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

You wrote the answer TRUSTY. I sold my old strikemaster and bought a Eskimo. I wish I never sold my old strikemaster. I hate to say this but the emissions on the new ones will never run like the old 2 strokes. exhaust ports plug and foul out spark plugs on new equipment.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

If you have the older model with the Tecumseh motor, you will love the 4 stroke or even the Solo 2 stroke. Both are great motors and really cut. I love my Solo 2.5 HP, cuts through ice like butter.

The Honda 4 stroke is a little pricey.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

I was a little apprehensive about getting the strike light with the 4 stroke motor because my old reliable 39cc was rock solid. It was a great decision I have no regrets on the purchase and it drills just fine. I did keep the old auger for a year before I sold the old one just incase but it turned out that it never had to get used.

I’m thinking it is the same motor in my honda cultivator which works flawless

Go for it and don’t look back

hunter1723

I have the honda 4 stroke and you will not be disappointed with it. I love this auger.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Thanks for the confidence.

I just wanted to wait to see what people had to say about them. They are very good units I got to use one last year and this year. I just wanted to get some longer term feedback from guys who had them.

Thank you all.

mojogunter

If you do a search about the new 4 stroke auger there were a lot of people that had issues with them. I was going to buy one, but held off when I read about the issues too many people had. I would hope that the first year problems will be fixed for this year.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Last year was my first full year with the Honda Lite..

Countless holes per outing… Easy start… not quite as fast as my Solo was but only a second or two with 2′ of ice.. My son in law and I were doing a little comp last season during our ice league tourney we were in… The Solo is a fantastic machine.. but for this old dawg.. I will take the lighter 4 stroke with a 6″ bit…

Heck.. I can even get 15″ pies to fit thru the 5″ holes !!! hahaha

tucrs
    NW Metro

15″… through a 6″ hole. I was never a math major but that just does not seem right.

I think I am going to do it. Plus on really nice thing no more 2 stroke eye burn in the shack.

dld24

LOL I heard the suction pop when you pulled that crappie out of that tiny hole in that video… That crappie was probably thinking how in the heck am I going to fit up that tiny thing..haha

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.