spring bobbers

• bigwheel

For those of you that use them. Whats kind do you use and why?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

For those of you that use them. Whats kind do you use and why?

StCroix spring bobbers for me,because they are the best and adjustable ,besides that I make my own rods and I an install the eye and groment myself to ANY rod I choose.

I purchased alot of them when they where on sale during a icefishing clearance sale a few years back.

shaley
    Milford IA

Titanium are my favorite, spendy but well worth it….

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Quote:

Titanium are my favorite, spendy but well worth it….

Are you referring to those Frabill ones for like $10.00?

bigwheel

How do they attach to the rod and can you slide them in for storage?

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

By far, the St. Croix spring bobbers. They are easily adjustable for most lure weights by either changing springs or pushing spring in or out of grommet for fine tuning. I have tried the titanium springs and found that they will bend when in the cold, seems counter productive to me. I too have an original St. Croix and one put on custom rod.

baitshopguy13
    Lakeland,MN

Quote:

By far, the St. Croix spring bobbers. They are easily adjustable for most lure weights by either changing springs or pushing spring in or out of grommet for fine tuning. I have tried the titanium springs and found that they will bend when in the cold, seems counter productive to me. I too have an original St. Croix and one put on custom rod.

i agree st.Croix spring bobbers cant be beat i tried out many different brands this past winter and st.Croix seem to stand up the best out of all another bobber that really works good that are pretty new, is Venom there adjustable so your not always having to switch up or cut the bobber to get the correct buoyancy

glenn57
    cold spring mn

sorry guys…….. I gotta disagree thorne bros for me!!!!!!!!!!

wismitty
    Janesville wisconsin

I use what ever the situation calls for.I prefer the thorne bros .

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Bought a couple of the ones from Action Tackle to try but haven’t had a chance to use them yet.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Home made St. Croix Clone is great.

1/8″ ID rubber Grommet

#8 one legged rod eye

St. Croix Spring

Super Glue to set it and 2 part epoxy to glue it permanent.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Can you buy those pieces right from st. croix?

wismitty
    Janesville wisconsin

Spring Bonner from st croix or tackle store..rubber grommet from hardware store. Single foot guide from Janns netcraft

jeknight

I to make my own St croix spring bobber setup.Just like the legion Rod but a lot cheeper. The only thing that is St Croix is the spring,the rest I took off an eyelet off and old rod and got a rubber gromet at the hardware store.Tied and glued to the tip. Works great.I have 2 and that is all I use any more.I have got all the different springbobbers that they make,but so fat this is the best. Jerry

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I like HT spring bobbers but the ones I like are not on their website. I like the ones that are actual small springs and very long. I attached with shrink tubing and leave a lot hanging out so they are ultra sensitive.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.