LX6,7 & 9

• hamms
    Mn

Those of you with one of these 3 digital units, Wondering after all the upgrades done glitches you have taken care of how are you liking your flasher choice and any regrets on money spent? Anyone who just couldn’t get the unit to work after all the customer support?

amundsonjon
    wi

absolutley love it. Nothing else compares. So nice getting dual purpose out of the locater (ice and open water) and its super easy. Have take many new to electronics and all commented how easy it is to understand. Kids and old timers once they use it you won’t get it back. Lx7 is what i have i am still debating updating to lx9. I think i may just buy the camera seperate two units are easier to share with. had absolutey no problems

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Had regrets initially but since the last update, I now really, really like my Marcum LX7. Fantastic tool.

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

Love my 6, My only complaint is the stupid red bag/cover it comes with. If you ever lift without the front cover completely closed the unit will tumble out on the ice. If you lift via the recess so you are actually grabbing the handle inside, it is fine. I may just ditch the cover.

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

I’ve got the LX7 and love it……..now. When i first bought the unit, it worked fine, but after the first software upgrade I did, it kinda went haywire. Second upgrade helped a bit, but still was not functioning optimally. Ended up sending it in to Marcum and whatever they did to it fixed all the problems. The unit has been working flawlessly since I got it back and IMO there is not a better flasher out there, when its working right. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. It took a bit of work to get it running perfectly, but now that it is, I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. I was also very happy with the way Marcum handled my complaint. They had my unit back to me within a few days and were very easy to work with. Gotta love a company that takes customer service seriously!

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

I’ve had my 7 since the day it came out and have went thru all the growing pains with it and absolutely love it. After the 2.9 update, I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. With the newest update, it is a flawless unit. Everything is spot on and working perfect. If you’re debating on getting one, do so or you’ll be regretting it.

hamms
    Mn

Thanks for the replys guys. Just wanted to see the end results being consistant

tenchi

I just bought the lx 9 and fished once then I update to version 1.29 ….went back out and It freezes twice on me. Other then those two time its working fine. Still wondering if anybody had that happen to their lx 9…

Vandy
    Central Iowa

Quote:

I just bought the lx 9 and fished once then I update to version 1.29 ….went back out and It freezes twice on me. Other then those two time its working fine. Still wondering if anybody had that happen to their lx 9…

I upgraded my 7 to a 9 and mine froze up 5-6 times.
    I dropped mine off at Marcum on my way home from LOTW last friday,and had it back at my house tuesday.
    They updated my version to 1.31a, I have not had a chance to use it yet to see if this fixed the problem or not.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

LX-9. Pre-1.29 had the screen freeze a couple times. Since I did the upgrade -FLAWLESS!!!! Without doubt or hesitation, I would buy it again!
    It is the clearest image and the separation is awesome. The screen shot is my jig rap and along the bottom is a school of 2-1/2″ perch.
    I have some videos links added on here where I recorded under less than desirable lighting conditions with the camera. Quite impressive!

hamms
    Mn

Awesome! Nice you can confirm with the camera too.

fygr8

The LX-9 just arrived yesterday! Time to read up
    before taking it out for its maiden voyage. Any tips?

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

Quote:

Update it to the newest firmware version

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Quote:

1.29!!!!

Here is some other info IDO Post on the LX-9

Vandy
    Central Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

1.29!!!!

Here is some other info IDO Post on the LX-9

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I stand corrected – I didn’t know a newer version was out

hamms
    Mn

On the lx6 with the flasher mode and vertical graph is the size of the traditional flasher smaller then the lx5?

fygr8

New update was installed to my unit last night, so tonight is the first true run for the LX-9.
    I have to be honest and tell you that I actually tried it before doing the update. Camera worked great, but flasher would not pick up the jig. (just like Randy had said)

I will report back now that the 1.31 version is on board.

fygr8

Very impressive unit with the updates complete. It did freeze up on me once in the sonar mode. Has anyone else had this happen after all updates complete?

Vandy
    Central Iowa

Quote:

Very impressive unit with the updates complete. It did freeze up on me once in the sonar mode. Has anyone else had this happen after all updates complete?

I had that happen with the old 1.29 version,I dropped it off at Marcum and they updated me to a 1.31A.
    I have not had a chance to use it yet to see if it cured it.
    I will be useing it both days this weekend,hope it helps it.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

mine freezes a couple times in an 8 hour outing after the update, but alot better than the 6-8 times it used to……

hamms
    Mn

I decided yesterday to get the Lx7. I used it in the afternoon for a few hours and it is awesome. Was pretty easy to get dialed in the menu is easy and fast to change settings. I am glad I got the 8″ screen I will be running this in my boat also. It has the v2.9 but will be updating it today hopefully, My computer isn’t allowing it. I am getting that popup saying to use diff. usb port. Going to try a diff computer at brothers house. Thought I would miss the lx5 which was great but this is a whole new animal.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.