Weekend on Dead Lake

• Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

The wife and I had an extended weekend with some family we spent ice fishing. The weekend started out with her surprising me with an LX-7 I could not be happier with it! Even with the 3.01 software it worked great. The only issue I can say I had with it was the transducer cable wouldn’t stay in place. Every time I put it for the depth I wanted it at the cord would slide through the stopper. Anyone have any ideas on a possible fix?

My only other complaint has to do with where it was purchased. Since it was a surprise my wife quick ran to Cabelas to make the purchase. Knowing what cabelas had for a price on the LX-7 and that reeds has them on sale right now I called to see if I could get a price match and was told that they won’t match the price of a store that isnt within 100 miles of them. Kind of thinking I might return it if I can and go ahead and spend my money somewhere else that either has the unit on sale or is at least willing to do a price match for me. Am I wrong for thinking that?

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

I’m using a wooden clothes pin as a stopper.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Cabelas in Rogers is 63mi from Reeds in Onamia. Mapquest it. Maybe that will work for ya.

If they wont play ball just order one from Reeds and return yours to the Owatona store. Im assuming that where it was bought?

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

She bought it from cabelas in owatonna so I guess I’m not sure if we could get away with the Rogers idea. Might be worth a try though

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I wouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth. Also there is no written law that says stores have to match competitors prices. As for the slipping stop a simple rubber band above the stop would solve your issue. but being brand new it sucks to start jury rigging it. JMO

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

$100 is well…. $100
    Well worth some work. As mentioned buy from Reeds and return to Cabelas.

As posted, you are right there is no rule about price matching but its competition and just plain smart for a store the size of Cabelas to match. Its going to cost them a returned item and loss of sale.
    I dont feel the same way about mom and pop shops, In my eyes the small timers get most of my business around home but for large purchases cash talks and BS walks.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I agree! Cabelas is buying the unit at as good a price or better than reeds. Just good customer service to match IMHO. I would have no problem taking it back.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

My thoughts exactly Mark. I spend money there every year so to not price match something to save a customer money and leave a sour taste in their mouth about it wouldn’t be good business to me.
    As for the being within 100 miles thing, i noticed while doing a little searching online that fleet farm also has them on sale right now

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Just to follow up on this, after a few phone calls to Cabelas I wasn’t able to get the reeds sale price but they were more than willing to match the cabelas online price of the unit and also return our money on a service agreement my wife had purchased that covers basically the same thing as the manufacturer’s warranty covered. So, overall I can say that I am one happy owner of an LX-7. Can’t wait to get out and run it through it’s paces on LOTW next weekend!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.