Vpg-showdown

• hamms
    Mn

Can an aqua view VPG be upgraded to 5.6 showdown software?

BBKK
    IA

Yup and they will even send it back with a new faceplate on it saying showdown.. essentially turning it into a marcum showdown 5.6. Cost is $50 I believe.. its on their website.

hamms
    Mn

I checked it out sounds pretty good. I may be getting a good deal on a VPG might look into that upgrade sounds like a lot of improvements to the graph. Better interference rej,zoom function and performance. Now if they had the color too…

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I bought an old Showdown off E-Bay that had a sticker that said VPG 3.2 for my wife since my LX-5 is “too complicated” for her. We were very disappointed in the performance of the Showdown. I sent it in for the 5.0 upgrade and received what appeared to be a whole new head-unit. I am very impressed with the new one so it was definitely worth the cost of the upgrade. I highly recommend it.

John S.

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I bought an old Showdown off E-Bay that had a sticker that said VPG 3.2 for my wife since my LX-5 is “too complicated” for her. We were very disappointed in the performance of the Showdown. I sent it in for the 5.0 upgrade and received what appeared to be a whole new head-unit. I am very impressed with the new one so it was definitely worth the cost of the upgrade. I highly recommend it.

John S.

I meant to say 5.6 upgrade.

hamms
    Mn

Yeah I have read up on them and alot of mixed reviews. I see a big omprovement from the 3.2 to the 5.6 as far as what people are saying. I am going to try to get this one and do the upgrade. It will be the cheapest way into a 5.6 and with little hastle. I read they do software upgrade and change the face plate on the unit to marcum showdown from aqua view VPG…

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

The upgrade is ridiculous! A family member of mine owned a VPG and I thought it was great, but saved my money and bought a showdown when Marcum bought it. VPG is very primitive. The Showdown 5.6 is a Ford Mustang Shelby GT to the VPG as a Ford Focus, big difference right! Many more features with the showdown, would not hesitate to invest the money for the upgrade, it’s a must IMO.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.