Marcum lx3tc problem

• nug
    central iowa

The bottom reading on my graph was “bouncing” non stop tonight. Any ideas on whats going on? Brand new unit. This was the second time out. Worked fine the first time.

Robb

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Had the same problem with a brand new unit as well! Took it in, got it fixed and still had the same problem… I just got rid of it. Like to know what the problem is though.

hamms
    Mn

My lx5 did the same thing after 4 weeks… Brought it to marcum and they replaced the motor. Had it back in 15 minutes. I was kind of bummed about that because I never had a single issue with the vex units I have ran. I also know that I would have used it that way over going back to a blob display… Just glad its fixed and hope it will be the last trip I take to Marcum. Look into that they will help you and fast!

BBKK
    IA

Uh oh, that’s not good. Did your battery get a good charge?

Sometimes my vx-1p bounces back and forth 1/16″ or so, but only does it a couple times then quits. Does it maybe once a day. Motor might be going out, brushes might be weak… I don’t know, I just ignore it. The only time mine has done it bad or non stop was when my battery was dying.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Quote:

The bottom reading on my graph was “bouncing” non stop tonight. Any ideas on whats going on? Brand new unit. This was the second time out. Worked fine the first time.

Robb

Hmm… Sure seems to be a lot of posts regarding broken marcums lately.

nug
    central iowa

Called Marcum first thing this a.m…from 8;00 til about 9:30. No answer. Sent out an email next @ 9:35. As of 3:59 p.m. today still no reply. Really?? I’m trying to stay calm but unless today is a holiday that I don’t know about the customer service is lacking.

Robb

BBKK
    IA

Today is national “get sober after the superbowl party day”.

Just to add to the thread, I fished for about 3 hours today and I saw my screen move once.

Burr

Usually when the flasher bounces like that it’s a ten pounder. Just pull your line up before it bites, those darn ten pounders are hard on things.

If you wait a while, you won’t have any motion at all on the bottom movement, and you’ll be right back to catching 13 inchers.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Usually when the flasher bounces like that it’s a ten pounder. Just pull your line up before it bites, those darn ten pounders are hard on things.

If you wait a while, you won’t have any motion at all on the bottom movement, and you’ll be right back to catching 13 inchers.

What?!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.