Aqua Vu Micro Cable positioning?

• pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

We just got 2 of these Aqua Vu Micro cameras and are really liking them except for the slight problem of getting the camera cable to stay in place so you can see your bait.On the larger cameras I use the Compass plate but these cables are a lot thicker than the Micro cable thin one .Anyone have a Micro and devised something to keep the camera in position? THANKS.

BBKK
    IA

camera panner wont work?

prospector
    Wyoming

I use an Aqua Vu tripod and a good old red and white bobber. Works great!

Egts

Clothes pin attached to a paint stick worked for me. Less than $0.30 into it.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Seeing this cable is so thin the other boughten panners won’t work but just curious, how did you do yours with the clothespin and paint stick?

Egts

I used double sided tape to stick one side of the clothes pin to the paint stick. You could use anything that you have around the house to attach. I was on a fishing trip and needed something and had to improvise while at Walmart, thus the “cheapness” of this. The clothes pin seems to have the right amount of tension to hold the cable and not pinch/smash the
    cable. I just drop the camera down, when it’s where I want it, I put the cable in the clothes pin. The paint stick spans the hole and I just turn the paint stick to index the camera where I want it. It is cheap, but it works.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.