Best Lube for a Flipover huts Sliding poles

• pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Looking for some help on deciding what type of lube to use on my Flipover Huts sliding poles and the push buttons to release them.Thanks in advance.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Ive used wd 40 but considering trying a white lithium greese

bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

I used to use Frabill Subzero lubricant, it is a white color. Now I use Beaver Dam No-Freeze lubricant, which is clear. Both work great, I like the Beaver dam lube better because when you fold up or open your flip over completely a little bit of the lubricant gets on you canvas. If you like your stuff looking cosmetically good like me, then using the beaver dam lube you don’t even notice it’s there.

bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

also Beaver dam lube is good down to -42 degrees Fahrenheit & Frabill subzero is good down to -60 degrees Fahrenheit, both should be available at your local Fleet Farm or Gander mtn

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I use silicon spray.

milemark_714

Otter recommended using WD-40,per instructions when I assembled my Pro Cottage.Zero binding so far.I used dry lube spray on the Frabill one I had before.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Thanks to all for the help. I have a couple of these lubes in my Shop but just wanted to see if they would work. Beaver Dam looks good but here in NY cannot find it.May have to Mail order some.

shaley
    Milford IA

Take WD-40 spray it on 000 Steel Wool and polish the poles…Lubes and removes burs…

UPFishbucket

White lithium has worked wonders for me. I got my trekker 2 used and the poles were a nightmare, the buttons didn’t want to pop in to the holes when setting up or go back in when closing. I took each one apart and doused the clip and button inside. Put them all back together and wipe the outside of the poles off, the stuff is sticky. But after over a month of hard use in some nasty conditions The poles slide great and the buttons work perfect just like new. Highly recommend!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.