Problems with my new MarCum

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Last week I bought a Showdown Troller. I used it today for the 2nd time. After an hour of use the buttons stopped working. The unit was still reading fish but I am not able to change any setting or turn in off.

I removed the batteries and it shut off. After putting the batteries back in it turned on all by itself and had the same issue.

Has this happend to anyone else? Anyone have any ideas of what to do or shoud I just send it to MarCum.

bigpike

If you purchased it new just take it back to the outlet you bought it at and exchange. Used – then you will have to deal with Marcum. Good Luck.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

The problem is I bought it from Cabelas and I live more then 2 hours from the closest one.

BBKK
    IA

Call up the store you bought it from and tell them that. They will send you a return # and have you mail it to the store you bought it from.

Or you can talk to marcum and go the warranty route.

Either way its going to make you flasherless for probably a week. It definitely needs to be exchanged or worked on.

sandmannd

Quote:

The problem is I bought it from Cabelas and I live more then 2 hours from the closest one.

If you’re two hours from where you bought it, go right to Marcum on Monday morning. I’m betting you’ll have something working by next weekend.

fisherman-andy

Quote:

Last week I bought a Showdown Troller anymore. I used it today for the 2nd time. After an hour of use the buttons stopped working. The unit was still reading fish but I am not able to change any setting or turn in off.

I removed the batteries and it shut off. After putting the batteries back in it turned on all by itself and had the same issue.

Has this happend to anyone else? Anyone have any ideas of what to do or shoud I just send it to MarCum.

You just experienced the exact same reason why I dont own a Showdown Troller. I bought one last year took it out on the first outing and after a few hours had the exact same issue. Searching for answers I found reviews of others having the same or similiar problem over a short period of use after purchase.

I think the troller is a nifty unit and I had wanted it in my arsenal until that mishap. But until I see improvements I will stick to the mechanical marcums unit and the LX6 or 7 instead.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Now it wont even turn on. I finally get a Flasher and I buy a lemon. I will call marcum tomorrow.

hamms
    Mn

That is frustrating for sure. I bet Marcum will treat you right.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Quote:

after a phone call and a email I am still waiting on marcum. I called Monday and was told I would get a ups tag via email by Tuesday afternoon. I sent an email yesterday with no response. I am very close to driving the 120 miles back to the store to get a refund.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

after a phone call and a email I am still waiting on marcum. I called Monday and was told I would get a ups tag via email by Tuesday afternoon. I sent an email yesterday with no response. I am very close to driving the 120 miles back to the store to get a refund.

my tag took about 2 days. you should be seeing it. it will come from service versae, so check your spam folder.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.