Red Lake lodging?

• bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

I am a current student at UWRF and had plans to make a trip up to Upper Red Lake with a buddy this weekend. Well his aunt died, so he had to cancel going. I’ve been fishing lakes in the area the past few days & just haven’t been doing the greatest. So I am considering making the trip by myself, anyone know of any cheap lodging for 1 person in the area? I am considering leaving tomorrow morning at 3 or 4 a.m. & getting there at 8:30 or 9:30 a.m. and fishing all day, staying the night & fishing most of the day Monday, then heading back home. I am taking my car & one man portable, if I were to go out of Roger’s Campground on Upper Red Lake, will I be able to get on fish within walking distance? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I go out of JR’s Corner just down the road from Rogers. You can look up his website. I fish quite close to shore most of the time so you should have no problem walking to good fish. I bet you could drive your car out there too.

He might have an ice house available for you to sleep in? It’s worth a check anyhow. Good luck.

bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

Quote:

I go out of JR’s Corner just down the road from Rogers. You can look up his website. I fish quite close to shore most of the time so you should have no problem walking to good fish. I bet you could drive your car out there too.

He might have an ice house available for you to sleep in? It’s worth a check anyhow. Good luck.

I just called JR’s & he said that he was full.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I would call Bear Paw guides. They have cabins, sleeper houses and they put you on fish. Great guys! I was up on this last Thursday and they have 14+” of ice just about everywhere and allowing vehicle travel. Almost no snow on the lake. Give Steve & Tyler a call and they will take care of you and they also are very fare for pricing. Here is their web site: http://www.bearpawguides.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.