Pool 10 update for ice conditions

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Mother Nature is doing her best to get us on ice by the weekend..

Well,,, most places out of Prairie will take a bit longer there will be some ice to walk on soon…

There were 3 guys between the bridges today.. i did not walk down there to see how much ice though..

Won’t be long now Ice Heads !!!

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Are you going this weekend? I’ll be back and am going to try and get out somewhere other than between the bridges.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Are you going this weekend? I’ll be back and am going to try and get out somewhere other than between the bridges.

Alex,
    I am going to go out and do some more checking in the AM… If I find safe ice I will have the tools necessary to to battle !!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I didn’t make it down to Spring Lake but there were a few open pockets of water on my ice coverage this afternoon..

Desoto Bay is sketchy at best.. again, I did not walk down to the shore line, but there was open water there as well…

Open water at the South Ambro Landing and I wouldn’t even try the N. landing till after the new year… Mill Coulee Creek is the main concern there..

Greymore looks covered, but with all the springs there,, I would proceed with caution…

Happy Holidays All !!

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

Thanks for the report Dave we appreciate it. Stay safe out there everyone.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Good to hear and the forecast is looking great for ice!

riverfisher
    Cedar Falls, IA

Thank you for all the updates!

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Hey Dave, how did Cold Springs look? I think that should be good to go by Wedensday. I also drove by Shore Slough last Tuesday and there was some ice way up on the north end but open water down by the marina.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Checked bussey lake today 1- 1.5 at boat landing can at least say I walked on hard water there’s still a open patch of water 50 – 100 yards out id say by Sunday or Monday fishable ice

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

Checked bussey lake today 1- 1.5 at boat landing can at least say I walked on hard water there’s still a open patch of water 50 – 100 yards out id say by Sunday or Monday fishable ice

Hopefully it will be ready to go come next saturday….Will be at cabin…will be watching for updates

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.