Amery area ice

• salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Anyone know how the ice is up in and around the Amery area? Do any of the lakes – balsam, twins, blake, pickerel- even have any ice on them after the rain that came through? I know some lakes in the area have deep spots that take longer to freeze, but other lakes are only six feet deep and should have something on them. Thanks for the help.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

are none of the lakes iced up then? My nephew is flying up for christmas and Id like to take him out for his first time ice fishing before they leave.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I have a cabin on Big Blake and on Friday evening before the rains came we had 2 inches of solid blue ice and about 2 1/2 inches of frozen slop ice. It wasn’t very strong. On Sunday I saw one person out about 100 yards from shore fishing out of several holes. He didn’t fall through. I also saw some folks fishing on the Apple River just north of Amery. I don’t know how thick the ice was. I expect 5+ inches this weekend and I will be checking the ice out again on Blake and possibly Big Round as well. If it is thick enough I will be out fishing and will give an ice thickness report this Saturday some time.

bigpike

Ice on Big Round was a nice solid 3″ off the west side access road. Caught one tiny perch and one tiny gil from noon til 3:15. Someone flipped the switch and the fishing was nuts between 3-5.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Ice on Big Round was a nice solid 3″ off the west side access road. Caught one tiny perch and one tiny gil from noon til 3:15. Someone flipped the switch and the fishing was nuts between 3-5.

Bigpike when were you out on Big Round? Im heading up there for new years and was wondering what the ice conditions are like?

bigpike

Quote:

Quote:

Bigpike when were you out on Big Round? Im heading up there for new years and was wondering what the ice conditions are like?

Last night / yesterday

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.