New Electric Auger

• iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

OK – saw my first commercial for the an electric auger on TV on Sunday. I can’t remember the name (ION maybe). Kind of lime green and white. Any one tested one of these yet. It finally looks like maybe someone came up with a lithium battery that would work. I KNOW there have been electric auger before, but it seems like with those you had to lug around a 12V car battery. As someone that carries everything on my own, I am just wondering about these new machines and if they are living up to their claims of 40 houles through 2′ of ice on one charge? Anyone??

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I can do 20 with the built in “vex” battery no problem. Love my electric! (Strikemaster)

-J.

tswoboda

If you want the best electric powered auger, get an Ice Gator with a Nils hand auger attached. You’ll pay a pretty penny for it though.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

X3 Strikemaster Plus no more smell in the ice shack!!!

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

X3 Strikemaster Plus no more smell in the ice shack!!!

Did you quit drinking beer?

I have the Strikemaster too and will never go back to gas. It does depend on how you fish. 20-25 holes is a max day for me.

run&gun
    MN

Quote:

OK – saw my first commercial for the an electric auger on TV on Sunday. I can’t remember the name (ION maybe). Kind of lime green and white. Any one tested one of these yet. It finally looks like maybe someone came up with a lithium battery that would work. I KNOW there have been electric auger before, but it seems like with those you had to lug around a 12V car battery. As someone that carries everything on my own, I am just wondering about these new machines and if they are living up to their claims of 40 houles through 2′ of ice on one charge? Anyone??

http://icegator.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

HANDLINE 2
    Waterloo, Iowa

I have had a Stikemaster elec for a few years and so does several of my buds and we all love ours.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I did a write up on the Strikmaster a couple years back.
    StrikeMaster® Electra Lazer™

The original poster commented on having to use a car battery. Simply not the case. I think this comes from some of the product photos that show the cables. Those cables are plug in. 99% of the time I’m drilling with the built in vex style battery. If I need 40 holes, I’ll have an extra battery along to change out.

-J.

mustfish

I made my own, a “hopped up” 12v electric drill hooked to my hand auger. I hacked one of the drill batteries by replacing the cells with cables running to a big 12v SLA battery in my ice fishing sled. I’ve always been able to drill all the holes I’ve wanted, a few dozen typically.

video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxGoAi7zm5c

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

Thanks guys – I guess I just am thinking for the future and the electrics look great to me

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.