2012 Ice Show- Get there!!!

• jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

Update from the Ice show! I went down to the show last night from 4-9 pm and wish I could have stayed longer! First of all I was curious to see the “Ice Force” team and the new products. Pretty exciting to see all these great companies come together, I think this just might be the beginning of what is to come! Very impressed with the Ice Force products and also the guys that were working the booth, very knowledgeable and down to earth. They also have some freebies that are being thrown in with certain purchases, don’t miss out. The Honda strikemaster looks bullet proof to me and they are selling lots of them. My dad just bought one last night! I would imagine that they will be sold out after the ice show, so get down there and get one if your at all thinking about it.

I also spent some time looking at the Otter booth, I already have my Otter Thermal and love it, picked up the Otter hard case for rods when bouncing across the lake in a sled, last thing a guy needs is a broken custom ice rod.

I spent 30 minutes talking to Jon Marshall of Marcum Flashers. The lx 6 and 7 are awesome units! Do not forget to ask them about the color screen cameras! They have a huge TV set up which makes a great demo to see the features, tells you what depth your are at for suspended fish, a LED light and the capability to move the camera to a different hole in a fool proof simple fashion. Great technology. Jon was very helpful in explaining all of the features.

I spent 45 minutes talking to John, Ryan and Adam at Tuned Up Custom Rods- great guys and great rods… I will hopefully be fishing with my new Noodle rod this weekend however the weather will make that tougher. I really like the flourescent green or orange colored tips on these rods, that will make seeing panfish nibbles easier.

There were lots of people there and most people were buying gear, for one reason; the prices and some of the deals were excellent. If your buying more than one thing, make sure you lump it all all together with some of the retailers like Marine General and Reeds Sporting Goods and they will make some deals!

Enjoy the show everyone, its always fun to see all the stuff!

Jake

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Thanks for the great report!!

With the nice weather I’m sure the joint will be hoppin’ this weekend.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.