Strikemaster rebuild

• Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

I rebuilt the carb on the strikemaster this year and now every time i try to get it started, it completely floods out. Take the tank off or shut the gas off and it starts right up after a few pulls. I’ve tried just about everything I can think of and the only thing I keep coming back to is I must be missing a spring or something for the carb? Any ideas would be appreciated.

steuben1
    Indiana

Which model Strikemaster? Engine?

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Lazer Mag Express with the 2 hp tecumseh.

After a little research last night and a blown up view of the carb, I found I am missing the metering lever spring. Once I have that I should be ready to hit the ice.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Quote:

Lazer Mag Express with the 2 hp tecumseh.

After a little research last night and a blown up view of the carb, I found I am missing the metering lever spring. Once I have that I should be ready to hit the ice.

I rebuilt my carb last year on my 2hp Tecumseh. If the engine still doesn’t run right with the missing spring you might have to adjust the metering lever itself. The part of the lever that touches the little dimple on the diaphragm might have to be bent up to allow enough fuel to flow when the throttle is pressed. It took me 3 adjustments of the metering lever to get mine to run right. Each time i was only bending it in very small increments. I think my auger runs better now than it ever did when it was new. Hopefully this helps. Any more questions PM me.

Good Luck.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

That would have been my guess,those little buggers are the trickiest part of the whole rebuild. Man they are small.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.