Looking for Otter Wild 1 Package

• sikeo22
    SW, Wisconsin

While trying to narrow down my search for a one man pull over shelter, the Otter Wild 1 Package caught my eye. I should clarify, it caught my eye online and I can’t find anyone that stocks these to go take a look. Gander has them online but none of the stores have one. Then I thought that this might be an indication of quality or popularity, but I’m not going to make any decisions based on that.

1) Does anyone have an Otter Wild 1 Package and how do you like it?
    2) Does anyone know somewhere where these may be stocked?

Thanks!

fishim
    Minnesota

Check krugerfarms.com and look at the limited time offers. They had them on there for $90 off. I dont think there is anything wrong with them I think they are just noncurrent, they came out with a new series. I remember looking at them at the ice show last year looked like a nice set up

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yup, that’s a non-current Wild model. I’m thinking your only shot at getting one is going to be online as not many retailers will commit floor space to displaying product that is no longer made.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I have one and love it! I picked one up a few years ago closeout in the spring for 40% off (had to drive a long ways to find one in stock) Nothing can come close to it price wise. I easily fish 2 people out of it as well, I typically drill 3 holes and there’s still plenty of room for a buddy heater and sonar. I have ZERO complaints! it’s also only 74 lbs so it easier to load/unload yourself and tow. I’m also a huge fan of the bench seat, which makes it easier to fish 2 out of it. Mine is all customized with features that make it a blast to fish out of.

sikeo22
    SW, Wisconsin

Go figure I would decide on an outdated model. Thanks for the info guys.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The current Wild model’s have an insulated roof,different material covering the bench and slightly different pole design (plastic inserts that reduce metal on metal friction)not enough to justify almost double the price of the Wild 1 series in my opinion…

Here’s the current model – http://www.otteroutdoors.com/wildcottagepackage.html

It’s funny that the older Wild 1 is 2″ deeper, 2″ taller and 6 lbs lighter than the current 1-man models (Pro & Wild) it might not seem like much, but it does make a difference.

sikeo22
    SW, Wisconsin

Kruger had it on their website but when I called for shipping costs they said they sold out of them last week…

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Fleet farm has the cottage in the new style. You are about a year to late for the orange top. Try craigs list I have seen some on there.

EW6

You definetly have a good eye. I love mine like this, light and fishes 2 just fine. Not to rub it in but got the last one on clearance at Fleet farm last spring. $200 and they threw in a $20 gift card!

clang
    Garrison, MN

I love mine as well. If you can find one online for pretty cheap I wouldn’t hesitate. Really nice lite weight house. I have fished hard out of mine for three years now. the sled is a Perfect size to fit any buckets and gear in. Just an fyi the sled is just a little small to fit a power auger in.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

Just an fyi the sled is just a little small to fit a power auger in.

I either keep mine ontop of the cover when dragging across the ice or just take the blade off.

sikeo22
    SW, Wisconsin

Thats just what I’m looking for. Thanks for posting the craigslist add, but its 6 hours to the twin cities for me and the way my Ford eats fuel I can’t imagine how much I’d end up spending! Thanks again.

broman

Do you know anyone near the cities that can pick it up for you?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.