New Rapala snap rap

• revpilot
    Lake Erie

Wondering what you guys thought of the New Rapala Snap Rap. I picked one up today and looks like it might really make some good erattic action for jigging. I like how they made the hook gap bigger. I know the jigging rap has been a staple for big Lake Erie walleye thru the ice. Hoping this new action might turn those lookers into biters. Heres a few pics with both of them. Looks like regular jigging rap with a superman cape

chirp
    Rochester

Looks like it should have a nice falling action.

.mnmike
    red wing, mn

Looks interesting. I wonder what kind of action they will have too. I have never seen one before but I am sure I will buy a couple when I come across them.

wwayn720
    West central Wi

Definently has a unique look hopefully it solves the broken tail fin issue that plagues the jigging rap.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Cut the front and back hooks off and you’ll be good to go

big-nasty
    Backus, Mn

What I was told is that the Snap Rap was designed more for open water casting. I believe the circle when used for ice fishing purposes, will be a tighter action than a jigging rap. I can’t wait to find them in stores so I can do some testing myself.

Quote:

What I was told is that the Snap Rap was designed more for open water casting.

Might need to change the name to the snag rap..

These things look AWESOME!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.