Your “go to” ice fishing lures…

• Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Making a shopping list of things I will need this winter and could use a little help! Perch, eyes, crappies- let’s hear it.

My go to is generally a gold glo buckshot.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Last year I had some good luck with Lindy Slick Jigs. I landed a few walleyes at my parents house and a eel pout on Mille lacs. I also like slender spoons. The smallest one is great for Panfish. Haven’t had any luck on walleyes but, haven’t spend a lot of time with them either. Great topic.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Now I do not fish the same type of waters you probably do but the fish love them all the same..

I have 6 baits in my box for about 90% of my fishing.

Diamond Jig
    Gill Pill
    Lil Cecil
    Ratso
    Shrimpo
    Purest
    all can be purchased at any of your favorite bait shops.. or at Custom Jigs and Spins

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Making a shopping list of things I will need this winter and could use a little help! Perch, eyes, crappies- let’s hear it.

My go to is generally a gold glo buckshot.

i use superglow perch, red, and firetiger alot tipped with minnow for walleyes. i also use fiska 3,4,5 mm tungstens tipped with northland mayfly or northland tapeworm or little atom nuggie when panfishing. For perch, i tip those fiskas with wigglers or waxies, depending on their mood of the day, and sometimes i have to use krazy dust to change the color….

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Now I do not fish the same type of waters you probably do but the fish love them all the same..

Diamond Jig
    Gill Pill
    Lil Cecil
    Ratso
    Shrimpo
    Purest
    all can be purchased at any of your favorite bait shops.. or at Custom Jigs and Spins

they dont get much use in my box, but i have those as well for those times my others don’t work (rarely). slender spoons are going to be my next purchase!

bigpike

Quote:

Diamond Jig
    Gill Pill
    Lil Cecil
    Ratso
    Shrimpo
    Purest

X2

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

Diamond jigs for pannies and perch. And Slender spoons for eyes’ ànd perch.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

I don’t think I ever used anything other then a green and silver slender spoon in all sizes for whatever species I was targeting last year and was catching tons of fish last year.

fishon111
    Winnipeg,Mb

Rattlin flying lure (gold)

BBKK
    IA

Black Ratso. I dont even take bait anymore, just a handful of colored plastics to alternate through. Seems everywhere I go crappies will hit a black ratso.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

All the above plus for crappies I like the Mini Mert either purple of silver glitter shiner tipped with a minnow.

asch
    Eastern Iowa

Orange Rat Finkee

lhprop1
    Eagan

Ratso, shrimpo, Demon jigging spoons, and Jigging Raps. Every now and then I’ll tie on something different when one of those aren’t working, but it’s not often that they don’t work.

ajw

Glow red or goldfinger chubby darter

gold/pink glow buckshot

firetiger glow buckshot

Thats pretty much it….. makes me feel foolish for having 100’s of dollars in other tackle that doesnt get used hahaha

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Diamond Jig
    Gill Pill
    Lil Cecil
    Ratso
    Shrimpo
    Purest

DITTO here also. For when I’m jigging. Otherwise my tip downs made by member on here: IceNutz. They get the most action!

foofer

try bentley bumble bee jigs and also sportsman direct moormooshka jigs both have a piece of crystal in the nose and both are tungsten mostly for panfish though go with the 4 or 5mm size t-bone a waxie on it and if you dont get bit they aint bitin pack up and go home

Duke M

I won’t leave home without a supply of Rockers. Then Cecils, Rembrandts, and Purists. Plastics for tipping the Cecils and Rockers. If I knew then what I know now I’d have a lot fewer lures.

Duke

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

2 lures that are always tied on….

Slender Spoon and Gill Pill

highsparks

Spoons have definetly changed the way I fish last few years . I still use jigs occasionaly , but spoons have become my first offense . Styles and colors vary accoring to lake .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.